• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hockey Media & Business Thread

wiseguy1

I know not of this incident of which you speak. And like I said, all you are doing is repeating something you heard. You are not saying that the statements are true or false. You're just "Trumping" by saying stuff like "I'm hearing..." or "A lot of people are saying..."
The guys who suggested Burkie knocked up Hazel Mae.. Got sued by Burke.

WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou

Wonder if Adidas would voluntarily not renew a contract with the NFL or NBA.

At any rate, this means nothing for the average fan. Whoever gets the contract to manufacture jerseys will still overcharge for them and they will still be made in the same Chinese sweatshop as before. I don't know many people in 2022 who would fork over $300 for a garment made of 100% polyester unless it had a team logo on it, do you?

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
While I feel bad for the guy, maybe openly attacking the media members (as cretinous as they are) for not giving Carey Price their Masterton votes when you're actively employed by the organization isn't exactly the way to go.
I saw that too and thought "bye Marc"

He got a little too comfortable.

GGpX

I have little to no respect for the Habs reporters on the beat. The likes of Luc Gélinas, Richard Labbé, Martin Lemay, Philippe Cantin, Simon-Olivier Lorange, some of whom blatantly and openly show their distaste (to be kind) of anything not French, those guys deserve to be publicly hung by their balls.

Some like Mathias Brunet, I like and respect. Chantal Machabée was a good one too.

But unfortunately for Marc Dumont, the Habs are owned by a eunuch who runs his organization with legitimate fear of the French media.

worm

While I feel bad for the guy, maybe openly attacking the media members (as cretinous as they are) for not giving Carey Price their Masterton votes when you're actively employed by the organization isn't exactly the way to go.
I was actually quite shocked how he wasn't just a pro habs pom pom waver.

GGpX

I don't get it. He was saying Price shouldn't get the Masterton?
No, quite the opposite. He was openly critiquing the French media, especially those who covered the Habs on an every day basis, that not a single one of them (on the French side, I think John Lu & someone else on the English side gave Price a vote) gave Price a vote and that they were making light of Price's problems.

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
It’s a useless tertiary award that should not have been challenged. Dumont got too comfortable thinking he wasn’t replaceable.