• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hockey Media & Business Thread

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
Dumont also got fired from The Athletic...maybe he's a pain in the ass?

You'd think being the embedded "journalist" on a pro team would be as secure as a media job gets.

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Dumont also got fired from The Athletic...maybe he's a pain in the ass?

You'd think being the embedded "journalist" on a pro team would be as secure as a media job gets.
Fluently bilingual and an awesome gig and fucked it up. I forgot he also got canned from the Athletic.

lecoqsportif

It’s a useless tertiary award that should not have been challenged. Dumont got too comfortable thinking he wasn’t replaceable.

I know zilch about this guy, but a quick glance at the tweet history makes it seems that he was becoming the story. That must have irked Habs management - that’s likely not the “content creation” they were seeking.

Reactions: CH1

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
I know zilch about this guy, but a quick glance at the tweet history makes it seems that he was becoming the story. That must have irked Habs management - that’s likely not the “content creation” they were seeking.
It was all about the reporters and outlets saying he needs fired for talking to them like that.

They’re babies but Molson caters to them and in retrospect, who the heck is Dumont in Molson‘a bigger picture.

CH1

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins.
if he's good, he'll find a way on substack

my favourite Viking scribe (Matthew Coller) lost his gig at ESPN during a media industry wide downsizing a few years ago....best thing that ever happened to him

I (and many others) pay for his substack. The guy produces 6-7 good articles a week.