• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hockey Media & Business Thread

I'm glad some of this is coming out. I've heard a loooooot of stories from Junior. No idea how much of it is true, how much of it is exaggerated, but...

I'm glad some of this is coming out. I've heard a loooooot of stories from Junior. No idea how much of it is true, how much of it is exaggerated, but...

My cousin played for the London Knights about 7 years ago , the shit that goes on as he says is crazy

I can only imagine the shit show that went on prior to cell phones and social media

My cousin played for the London Knights about 7 years ago , the shit that goes on as he says is crazy

I can only imagine the shit show that went on prior to cell phones and social media
I've heard some stuff that I literally can't repeat here because it would be libel. I have no proof of it, just stories that I've overheard.

The political aspects of this bother me somewhat but are not surprising. Hockey Canada wants its funding and sponsors back, and the government wants to do the right thing publicly. The Conservative party will weigh in at some point to leverage political points as well. Its not justice or the well being of the parties involved driving this. Guilt is probably not all that important. Everyone wants to say or appear to be doing the right things. Hockey Canada, the politicians,etc.

That said, I hope it turns out the right way. It really is time for this type of behaviour to end. Just hope no one is thrown under the bus.

Pretty sure all the things we heard that were with concent...were not
I've heard things from people at rinks, I've heard things from people in the culinary industry (my former career) and the women that used to work in bars always said, without many exceptions, that hockey players were the absolute worst and most likely to force themselves onto them.

I've heard things from people at rinks, I've heard things from people in the culinary industry (my former career) and the women that used to work in bars always said, without many exceptions, that hockey players were the absolute worst and most likely to force themselves onto them.
Went to school with the Lethbridge Hurricanes (and so did my brothers... So have almost a decade of stories).

I've heard some stuff that I literally can't repeat here because it would be libel. I have no proof of it, just stories that I've overheard.
We're all friends here and few people outside of this online community read these forums or even know they exist. Plus, your real name isn't GGpX.

In other words, spill the tea and name the names. First and foremost, it ain't libel if it's true and secondly, you aren't saying that it is true or not. You're merely telling us what you heard.

The political aspects of this bother me somewhat but are not surprising. Hockey Canada wants its funding and sponsors back, and the government wants to do the right thing publicly. The Conservative party will weigh in at some point to leverage political points as well. Its not justice or the well being of the parties involved driving this. Guilt is probably not all that important. Everyone wants to say or appear to be doing the right things. Hockey Canada, the politicians,etc.

That said, I hope it turns out the right way. It really is time for this type of behaviour to end. Just hope no one is thrown under the bus.
At a minimum, the current executives of Hockey Canada need to check the undercarriage of that bus.

We're all friends here and few people outside of this online community read these forums or even know they exist. Plus, your real name isn't GGpX.

In other words, spill the tea and name the names. First and foremost, it ain't libel if it's true and secondly, you aren't saying that it is true or not. You're merely telling us what you heard.
Tell that to the guy on the Leafs board who got in trouble a few years ago. No idea what ended up happening, but I'm not taking that chance.

If it happens in junior hockey and players, for the most part, get away with it or get away with a slap on the wrist, it's very unlikely that their behavior changes when they turn pro. It merely continues. And, of course, some of them wind up in the coaching ranks or in management, which is why blind eyes are turned by people in authority when things happen.

Of course Hockey Canada would have a contingency hush fund available because the people running it knew they would need it. And how did they know? Because once upon a time it was they themselves who were doing the raping.

The most troubling aspect of this story is, or should be, that the group of players, after assaulting this girl, told her to take a shower and then record a video in which she was to state that everything was consensual and that she was not intoxicated or incapacitated. Now maybe this particular bunch of rapey jocks had the presence of mind to think of all this on their own or maybe they got some "coaching" on how to handle such situations from someone older with relevant personal experience. If it was the latter then there's a much bigger story here.

Tell that to the guy on the Leafs board who got in trouble a few years ago. No idea what ended up happening, but I'm not taking that chance.
I know not of this incident of which you speak. And like I said, all you are doing is repeating something you heard. You are not saying that the statements are true or false. You're just "Trumping" by saying stuff like "I'm hearing..." or "A lot of people are saying..."

Back