• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hurricanes Off Season Thread 2022

cmaleski2

Lane Pederson is just to balance out the number of players. He has one more year left on his current deal, at 1 way $750k. Canes can bury him in the minors and wipe out that cap hit (but still have to pay him $750k).

CanadaCanes

I'd still like another center signed to replace the Vinny departure...doesn't have to be a big name but a Dylan Strome type would be fine. And I think Waddell circles back on a guy like Tarasenko via trade yet.

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
The Cap hit should end up being a bit above the TDA $5 m per with the SJ retention...most would take Burns over TDA with Slavin on a top pair...no?
Oh, God yes. Burns is superior to DeAngelo in every respect even at 37 years old. Plus, for all of his rep as a wild man, on the ice he plays a pretty conventional, if very aggressive, game by modern standards.

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
I'd still like another center signed to replace the Vinny departure...doesn't have to be a big name but a Dylan Strome type would be fine. And I think Waddell circles back on a guy like Tarasenko via trade yet.
Patience. And again, I think you'll find the trade route more likely than a UFA.

cmaleski2

So the current Canes 2022-23 'former player tribute video' list and dates now stands at:

Tony D'Angelo - December 23rd
Vincent Trocheck - February 11th
Nino Niederreiter - January 5th
Steven Lorentz - January 27th
Brendan Smith - December 20th
Max Domi - December 27th

Not exactly sure how they handle Ian Cole given some 'circumstances' but we play Tampa at home for the first time March 5th

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
OK ... so we probably owe Smith something for that cracked skull alone, but I know Cole will get nothing and Domi will probably only get a brief video board slide and polite applause/stick tapping ... mostly for Game 7 against Boston because nothing else he did was particularly memorable.