• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Jonathan Drouin

CaptainBolduke

New thread alert!!!

Anyways, here we are at the 50 game or so mark. What are people's thoughts on this guy?

Should we be concerned that we gave him a 6 year deal? Is it too early? Is he faltering under pressure? Did we expect too much? Is MB an idiot?

Fire away....

Ultimately the team has to put him back on the wing and find him a centre that can match his creativity.

He was thrown into a situation where he is doomed to fail. Bergevin loves to overpay guys from other teams like Shaw and Drouin while being a hard-ass with home grown players like Subban or Galchenyuk. It's mind-boggling the millions of dollars his stupidity has cost the organization.

He's fine. But he needs to play on the wing. They have a centre who could play with him but unfortunately his name is Galchenyuk so it will never happen.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Personally I wasn't expecting him to light it up, but I wasn't expecting him to have 27 points at this point in the season. He's probably overpaid.

Great skill set but he's floating out there. I'm disappointed but he can be an asset in the right circumstances.

I'm not concerned. When we are ready to compete, he'll be a big part of it. We need a #1 center and a #1 puck moving dman though.

Draft Dahlin and sign Tavares. We're set.

Unfortunately there is a much better chance that Montreal drafts Dahlin than signing JT. But even that is low.

Have the Montreal Canadiens ever signed a top 3 Free Agent?

Great skill set but he's floating out there. I'm disappointed but he can be an asset in the right circumstances.

Problem is we aren't the right cirumstance .

The deal was more about politics than actually hoping this guy pans out .

Get the local kid to hopefully appease the French media and the local fan base over the PK trade .

Also Nero knew he was going to get raked over the coals when Drouin got traded somewhere else since his days in TB were over .

How do you trade for a player and play him out of position knowing when he fails he won't do much on the wing without a top center .

Always be leary dealing with a GM smarter than yours . He knew exactly what he was giving up and dealt from a position of strength and we got duped big time .

For all the bad press about him, I still think that he is a special talent that can flourish under the right circumstances.

I'm not concerned. When we are ready to compete, he'll be a big part of it. We need a #1 center and a #1 puck moving dman though.

Draft Dahlin and sign Tavares. We're set.

Do you have tonight's winning Lotto Max numbers? I too want to be set.

He’s not a centre.

He’s young enough to be part of the solution, if he is paired up with a real centre.

Let’s see if he has the wherewithal to do it.

Back