• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Josh Anderson signs 7 x $5.5m

GEEMAN

Maybe you missed this post by HP but the more you open your mouth the more you look like a mouth breather with an agenda.

View attachment 7267

Toffoli never came close to these numbers. While he's a solid player, he is not Gallagher.

How did that spreadsheet translate to playoff success with 1 goal in his last 15 games ?

This is your typical sentimental Hab contract

I have no issue with the player

We just got 2 players who can play in the top 6 with CC on the way

A Suzuki heist was the way to go and not pay a player until 35

You can spin it any way you want

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
I don't think I am the one spinning here mate. There must be a mirror in your place no? Go take a look. You are very agenda driven. Ridiculously so and your bias jumps off the screen. You are a climate denier. Stats and probabilities don't matter when they refute your claims.

GEEMAN

I don't think I am the one spinning here mate. There must be a mirror in your place no? Go take a look. You are very agenda driven. Ridiculously so and your bias jumps off the screen. You are a climate denier. Stats and probabilities don't matter when they refute your claims.

No agenda whatsoever

Players of his ilk don't age well , that's a fact

If we had no depth or if he was 24 keep him

We agree to disagree , all good .

Habspatrol

Administrator
Staff member
No agenda whatsoever

Players of his ilk don't age well , that's a fact

If we had no depth or if he was 24 keep him

We agree to disagree , all good .
If it's a fact, then you will have no problem listing players of Gallagher's ilk who broke down young... Say 28-32 years old?

GEEMAN

If it's a fact, then you will have no problem listing players of Gallagher's ilk who broke down young... Say 28-32 years old?

Simmonds , Ladd , Lucic, Okposo, Neal , Tucker , Corson , Brouwer , JVR etc......

Benn is a few years removed from an MVP caliber season and is in clear decline at 31

Your looking at the player , not team optics .

Your hitching your wagon to 31,6,26,11 to go far in the playoffs for years to come

These players needed to be 23-26 not 29-35 years of age

We acquired 2 legit RW`s who can replace his offence and we could of landed another solid trade for now and down the road like the Max deal

This roster is solid if it had 2 more legit stars in our lineup

Its deep but lacking those Point/Kucherov game changers .

Contract is 3 years too long , I dont care about ," well its what you have to do to keep players and deal with it later "

This move is tolerable if your a legit cup contender , you make your deep runs like the Sharks did over a decade

If it fails you move on knowing you were in the cup mix and reboot

To each his own , a Max type deal IMO outweighs handing this contract out

Habspatrol

Administrator
Staff member
Simmonds , Ladd , Lucic, Okposo, Neal , Tucker , Corson , Brouwer , JVR etc......

Benn is a few years removed from an MVP caliber season and is in clear decline at 31

Your looking at the player , not team optics .

Your hitching your wagon to 31,6,26,11 to go far in the playoffs for years to come

These players needed to be 23-26 not 29-35 years of age

We acquired 2 legit RW`s who can replace his offence and we could of landed another solid trade for now and down the road like the Max deal

This roster is solid if it had 2 more legit stars in our lineup

Its deep but lacking those Point/Kucherov game changers .

Contract is 3 years too long , I dont care about ," well its what you have to do to keep players and deal with it later "

This move is tolerable if your a legit cup contender , you make your deep runs like the Sharks did over a decade

If it fails you move on knowing you were in the cup mix and reboot

To each his own , a Max type deal IMO outweighs handing this contract out
Hahahah I've never seen Gallagher compared to those guys.

Maybe Tucker... funny story... Tucker's best seasons came at 31 and 32 years old.

Sal_Butera

Josh Anderson’s arrival completes a journey that was destined to end in Montreal

Josh Anderson’s father, Gary, grew up in Montreal. It was in Dollard-des-Ormeaux, to be specific, where he played minor hockey in the West Island and fell in love with a particular hockey club roughly 20 minutes to the east.

“Oh, God yes, how could you not be? Are you kidding?” Gary Anderson says on the phone when asked if he grew up a Canadiens fan. “I was born and raised in Montreal, so it was all about the Habs. I mean, there was nothing else.”

Josh Anderson’s mother, Michelle, has her own connection to the Canadiens. Her uncle, through marriage, is Peter Mahovlich, 19th all-time on the Canadiens’ scoring list.

https://theathletic.com/2146668/202...o-end-in-montreal/?source=user_shared_article