• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

JULIEN FIRED! DOM DUCHARME INTERIM HC.

I find it telling the new coach is only interim, was MB not allowed to offer up a contract? If so is MB next to go is this doesn’t work?

Lets see what DD does, not too impressed by this move for simple reason of going after french speaking coach only again and again..
This shit needs to stop somewhere, we are in 2021 not 70s for god sake..

Yeah, Ducharme always seemed like the logical choice. It's only an interim tag, so we'll see after the season if it sticks.

Conspiracy theory: Is the interim tag there in case The Charlatan is shown the door and the next GM has the possibility of naming his own guy without having to fire the new coach?

Julien just like Therrien despite being fully bilingual will be added to the list of recycled coach which made a fortune because of speaking french, just like many players.
No one will offer Julien the head coach job anymore, just like Martin and Therrien.

Julien just like Therrien despite being fully bilingual will be added to the list of recycled coach which made a fortune because of speaking french, just like many players.
No one will offer Julien the head coach job anymore, just like Martin and Therrien.
Julien is a good coach but hasn’t been able to adapt to the new up tempo game. His 3-on-3 selection of players is clear testimony to it. Never understood 3-on-3 isn’t normal hockey, and need to play accordingly

So Julien didn't need to pack his suitcase for Winnipeg afterall. I like the addition of Burrows, the team needs to inject some enthusiasm and energy into the coaching staff.

So Julien didn't need to pack his suitcase for Winnipeg afterall. I like the addition of Burrows, the team needs to inject some enthusiasm and energy into the coaching staff.
How does a youthful injection into coaching staff now impact Suzuki & most importantly KKs progression..

Julien is a good coach but hasn’t been able to adapt to the new up tempo game. His 3-on-3 selection of players is clear testimony to it. Never understood 3-on-3 isn’t normal hockey, and need to play accordingly
He did adapt....watch first 10 games.....but then he decided to ''work'' on our defensive game (which meant sacrificing the up tempo offense we had)....and the results speak for themselves

I dont study analytics much, and people can post them to refute me, but puck possession on this team lately has been really really poor. That's my impression and it does show 3 on 3.

Hard to implement anything with interim coach because generally speaking players know he probably won't be there next season, so they don't give a fuck.
I know there is the most recent Berube story but in general...

He did adapt....watch first 10 games.....but then he decided to ''work'' on our defensive game (which meant sacrificing the up tempo offense we had)....and the results speak for themselves
The team can’t cycle the puck down low. It’s ridiculous aleady.

How does a youthful injection into coaching staff now impact Suzuki & most importantly KKs progression..

I never understood why during the retool they went all-in with Weber-Price to win ''now'', but decided to pass on the Tkatchuk for KK (a long term project). It was pretty unanimous that Tkatchuk would walk into the NHL and contribute right away....

Back