• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

JULIEN FIRED! DOM DUCHARME INTERIM HC.

Martin Madden (Assistant GM for the Ducks) should be near the top of every list. Pierre McGuire's name will come up as it always does.

Another guy whose name was heard a lot for a bunch of spots was Pat Brisson.

To be honest, I don't want a former NHLer whose new career is transitioning into management. I want an actual manager. And I can't be bothered to scour every team's front office to see which one of them has a Québécois as their assistant GM so that I can name them as a candidate automatically.

She won't be a real candidate when The Charlatan is fired, but maybe ten years from now, Catherine Raiche could be a name worth considering.
from the CFL? ted lasso style?

from the CFL? ted lasso style?
She's with the Philthydelphia Eagles now.

She seems like a very smart woman, used to be a lawyer before transitioning to sports, my only wonder is if she has any interest in sports outside of football.

What about Scott Mellanby? He's from Montreal, been in the org since 2012, or would be he seen as too close from the MB regime?

I would think that Matt Darche is also a candidate -- former player and McGill grad who's now Tampa's director of hockey operations under Julien BriseBois.

No thank you to Darche.

This is just his second year in any type of management role. I'd have no complaints if he was hired in his current role, but not as GM.

Scott Melanby, I dunno.

In hockey more specifically.

It's the same reason I don't have any interest in Vincent Damphousse. He might have an interesting resumé, but I want someone who's in hockey (or at the very least, pro sports).

After the Jays fired Alex Anthopoulos, I was hoping the Habs would go after him hard... a bit of an unorthodox move, but a good CEO is a good CEO. That’s what these GMs are after all...

After the Jays fired Alex Anthopoulos, I was hoping the Habs would go after him hard... a bit of an unorthodox move, but a good CEO is a good CEO. That’s what these GMs are after all...
Maybe. MB, a hockey lifer, is good at trades yet his team remains stuck in the mud in year 9.

But no way will Geoff hire a non-hockey guy, we both know that.

Maybe. MB, a hockey lifer, is good at trades yet his team remains stuck in the mud in year 9.

But no way will Geoff hire a non-hockey guy, we both know that.

Trades are the most overrated part of the job; they make the headlines but it’s more important to

have an overall plan
Hire good people to draft and develop young talent
Don’t overpay veterans

Trades are the most overrated part of the job; they make the headlines but it’s more important to

have an overall plan
Don’t overpay veterans
Does Geoff strike you as a bold, forward thinking kind of owner? We obviously don’t know him personally but from what I’ve seen in a decade as team owner I would say no.

At this point, Molson should just go all-in and hire Rejean Tremblay

That way, he's assured never to have bad press......ever

Does Geoff strike you as a forward thinking kind of owner. We obviously don’t know him personally but from what I’ve seen in a decade I would say no.

I see no evidence of any kind of “thinking”

Geoff is just a fan (with money) who hopes the puck will bounce the Habs way

I see no evidence of any kind of “thinking”

Geoff is just a fan (with money) who hopes the puck will bounce the Habs way
ohhh there's thinking...make no mistake

Geoff just wants to minimize collateral damage (because there always is with the Habs post-1993).....and continue his other ventures

Habs are just a nice image/marketing brand, and he just needs to ''not fuck it up'' for his investors

Statu quo, even in mediocrity, still makes him money

ohhh there's thinking...make no mistake

Geoff just wants to minimize collateral damage (because there always is with the Habs post-1993).....and continue his other ventures

Habs are just a nice image/marketing brand, and he just needs to ''not **** it up'' for his investors

yeah...he’s a run of the mill thinker. Worried about his profit numbers next quarter. He’ll eventually fire Bergevin and throw a dart to find his next GM... let’s hope he gets lucky (or perhaps he learned something during the last decade)

yeah...he’s a run of the mill thinker. Worried about his profit numbers next quarter. He’ll eventually fire Bergevin and throw a dart to find his next GM... let’s hope he gets lucky (or perhaps he learned something during the last decade)
I'd say he's done pretty well in terms of ROI

He's played this well so far....his real estate empire is doing well, so is the food and service part of his empire (i'm talking all pre-Covid of course).

Molson doesn't care about winning, as long as he keeps making profits. Winning the Cup would only give him extra bragging rights when he plays his round of golf with Joey at St-Raphael Golf course in Ile-Bizard

He's played this well so far....his real estate empire is doing well, so is the food and service part of his empire (i'm talking all pre-Covid of course).

Molson doesn't care about winning, as long as he keeps making profits. Winning the Cup would only give him extra bragging rights when he plays his round of golf with Joey at St-Raphael Golf course in Ile-Bizard

Im not a shareholder so give zero fuks about his real estate ROI.

The beauty of their real estate empire, it’s the Trump model, licenses the “CH” brand but doesn’t actually own or owe anything

have an overall plan
Don’t overpay veterans

I think the 5-years plan is the most bullshit part of it all. You can establish a structure and a philosophy for your team but you can't have a plan for how to acquire the players you don't have, there is simply way too many factors in play. Build the structure that will put the odds in your favor but I'm tired of the 5 years plan bullshit.

Reactions: CH1
Back