• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

JULIEN FIRED! DOM DUCHARME INTERIM HC.

Trades are the most overrated part of the job; they make the headlines but it’s more important to

have an overall plan
Hire good people to draft and develop young talent
Don’t overpay veterans

So the opposite of what we do

Reactions: CH1
I think the 5-years plan is the most bullshit part of it all. You can establish a structure and a philosophy for your team but you can't have a plan for how to acquire the players you don't have, there is simply way too many factors in play. Build the structure that will put the odds in your favor but I'm tired of the 5 years plan bullshit.

Problem is the plan changed about every 3 years

Big tough and slow to finesse to whatever the next idea is

You need a solid draft development with luck to pan out first

Then you tinker accordingly with trades , free agency , etc...

The biggest problem with teams is their refusal to accept to retool on the fly and try to kick the the can down the road

Team never built their core base like Chicago , Leafs , Kings , etc...

Once established you plot your next moves ,our car was always built on 3 tires and wonky steering.

Problem is the plan changed about every 3 years

Big tough and slow to finesse to whatever the next idea is

You need a solid draft development with luck to pan out first

Then you tinker accordingly with trades , free agency , etc...

The biggest problem with teams is their refusal to accept to retool on the fly and try to kick the the can down the road

Team never built their core base like Chicago , Leafs , Kings , etc...

Once established you plot your next moves ,our car was always built on 3 tires and wonky steering.
The league changed overnight during 14-15 season with the plethora ofconcussion lawsuits on the horizon - Recall Kings & Bruins had won 3-of-5 previous Cups, playing big / tough defensive hockey w goaltending reliance

TBay was well positioned as Stevie Y had come over a couple of years earlier, from working for the NHL head office and gambled on what the future held, setting up a system (drafting & trading) to effectively align w changing of the guard. They were built unlike even previous Wings, Pens or Hawks teams who played up tempo game but all-3 had tough as nails & grit players...TBay had none of those types of players and didn’t even draft those types under Stevie Y or Al Murray from 2011-2015

Last edited:
The league changed overnight during 14-15 season with the plethora ofconcussion lawsuits on the horizon - Recall Kings & Bruins had won 3-of-5 previous Cups, playing big / tough defensive hockey w goaltending reliance

TBay was well positioned as Stevie Y had come over a couple of years earlier, from working for the NHL head office and gambled on what the future held, setting up a system (drafting & trading) to effectively align w changing of the guard. They were built unlike even previous Wings, Pens or Hawks teams who played up tempo game but all-3 had tough as nails & grit players...TBay had none of those types of players and didn’t even draft those types under Stevie Y or Al Murray from 2011-2015

It simply comes down to a regime that has no clue what they are in the NHL hierarchy of teams

Its all about balance down your lineup ...a mix of everything

TB brought in the grit last year to compliment their skill after CBJ beat the shit out of them physically

You cant win playing pond hockey ( Leafs ) and now have brought in some muscle and defensive size to their lineup

The league changed more with removing lumbering slugs who cant skate anymore but you still need the grinders to play

Blues won the cup by being a heavy team combined with skill and depth .

Playoff hockey is a different test of skill, will , and winning the war in the trenches

You cant do that with a team loaded with Nylanders or Drouin`s .

Not too impressed by Dom Dom so far, mostly because of his player selection in OT. Where are Gallagher and Romanov in OT? Never on the ice. Yet, Dano and Armia are omnipresent. Why?

He's supposedly not an "old school" type of coach. But he might not be too smart. It's really not rocket science, however.
No argument.

He seems to be “feeling out” the team but he’s been there almost three years. I don’t understand the OT/SO usage either, it doesn’t follow any of the analytics so one can simply surmise its gud pro vet bs.

I’m also starting to wonder if there are fragile egos with some of these players with the way they’re almost catered to.

No argument.

He seems to be “feeling out” the team but he’s been there almost three years. I don’t understand the OT/SO usage either, it doesn’t follow any of the analytics so one can simply surmise its gud pro vet bs.

I’m also starting to wonder if there are fragile egos with some of these players with the way they’re almost catered to.
If idiots like us can see this why he can’t he? It’s maddening.

No argument.

Agreed , but who are we catering too.....players who have no future with us

Dano wont get demoted , Armia maybe gone etc....

I'd say he's done pretty well in terms of ROI

He's played this well so far....his real estate empire is doing well, so is the food and service part of his empire (i'm talking all pre-Covid of course).

Molson doesn't care about winning, as long as he keeps making profits. Winning the Cup would only give him extra bragging rights when he plays his round of golf with Joey at St-Raphael Golf course in Ile-Bizard
Geoff wants to win.

I think the 5-years plan is the most bullshit part of it all. You can establish a structure and a philosophy for your team but you can't have a plan for how to acquire the players you don't have, there is simply way too many factors in play. Build the structure that will put the odds in your favor but I'm tired of the 5 years plan bullshit.
stalin agrees

Not too impressed by Dom Dom so far, mostly because of his player selection in OT. Where are Gallagher and Romanov in OT? Never on the ice. Yet, Dano and Armia are omnipresent. Why?

Gallagher is awful in OT, but I'd like to see more of Romanov as well. I don't get the love for Chiarot.

The I have a X amount of years plan is dumb and just something to feed the media and fans, who are mostly the equivalent of low information voters.

Apparently MB told Waite when he fired him that unless Price turns things around he’ll (MB) be the next one to walk the plank.

I don’t think that’s what Krusty is saying. He’s saying Bergevin told Waite that if Price doesn’t turn it around Bergevin himself is next to go. This was purportedly said in the conversation where Bergevin fired Waite.

makes sense...this is MB's version of a "very good" team, the result of years of great trading and shrewd cap management on his part.

If the team doesn't produce, MB is gone. His contract is up at the end of next year; they either extend him or let him go this summer

I don’t think that’s what Krusty is saying. He’s saying Bergevin told Waite that if Price doesn’t turn it around Bergevin himself is next to go. This was purportedly said in the conversation where Bergevin fired Waite.
Yes, that’s why I inserted “MB” in parentheses. Also, I said that MB told this to Waite WHEN he was telling Waite he’s been fired, so he had to have been referring to himself as the “next one to walk the plank.”

Last edited:
Back