• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Kapanen Traded to Pitt

Dubas talked about accruing cap space during the season, so I doubt they keep a full 23 man roster. At least on paper for most season days. So they do currently have space to play with.

Assuming Dermott and Mikheyev sign 2-3 year deals for about $2 million, and Spezza resigns for $700k, that leaves $2.7 mill with 12 forwards, 5 dman and 2 goalies signed. Potentially closer to 3 million if they can sign Rodriguez for closer to $700k rather than Barabanov's $925.

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Mikheyev-Tavares-Nylander
Johnsson-Kerfoot-Engvall
Robertson-Spezza-Barabanov/Rodirguez

Rielly-XXX
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin-Dermott

And you always have Marincin/Lilly that can take the last spot for $700/$863k. Actually, they have a ton of players with at least some NHL experience making $700k for the Marlies (Agostino, Petan,Brooks, Marincin, Warsofsky, Rosen), so injury call ups will never be a cap problem. That allows them to go after a Demello, Dillon, Braun type of D, or add in a trade, although I don't think they'll cap themselves out heading into the year.

But to make an impact addition they'll still need to move Johnsson or Freddy's salary. Johnsson would give them $6.2 mill. I assume by moving Freddy and signing a Griess/Khudobin/Talbot type they could save $2-3 mill or so. Either move likely creates enough for a Brodie level addition. Doing both would create $8-9 mill in cap space with the following roster:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Mikheyev-Tavares-Nylander
Robertson-Kerfoot-XXX
Engvall-Spezza-Barabanov/Rodriguez

Rielly-XXX
Muzzin-Holl
Sandin-Dermott

Campbell
Khudobin/Griess/Talbot

I like it.

I still see Dermott there on the 3rd pairing with a real salary being an inefficiency that Dubas won't like - especially since at the end of the year he's gonna have to move him or expose him anyways.

great player, that Mandela.

BERNIER_Opener1.jpg

Nice, thanks for calling me wise. But you literally copied everything I said and I appreciate that. You are way more eloquent than me.

“Lead from the back — and let others believe they are in front.”
― Nelson Mandela

The man thinks very highly of himself and I love it. Wayne Gretzky of message board posters. And he puts my disjointed ESL thoughts into beautiful eloquent paragraphs. He performs a great service for us all.

True. I hear if you can find zeke's first ever hot take on HHOF, it's worth a bundle.

Nah I just have fun calling out your bullish because you don't know how to react to it. You're not used to it.

Heh.

Which bullshit was your latest adorably obsessive heckling of zeke calling out this morning?

Heh.

Which bullshit was your latest adorably obsessive heckling of zeke calling out this morning?
I complimented you. Your takes were spot on and they agreed with mine entirely. Your posts were poetry compared to my garbled ESL mess. And you got defensive and fired back. I love you 😘

maybe you don't realize how obsessively you've been heckling me?

Probably.

But don't stop - I am flattered.

I said you spit fire. You dominated and I agreed with literally everything you said. This is now a heckle in zeke world.

1598450308883.png

Yup. Decades of this behavior. I just happen to enjoy calling out zeke's bullshit now is all. But I am genuine when I say that he's incredible at posting on message boards. He thinks I hate him but he's my favorite by far. Skip Bayless type of entertainment.

I'll be sad when/if he finally figures out that expected goals is bullshit. but then he'll probably pretend he was saying that from the beginning.

Back