• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

La Standings Reale

I think with average goaltending they'll still finish with a 100 point pace and in the playoffs.

But there isn't much room for error, they have to continue playing at the Keefe 110+ point pace as they need 37-38 points the last 28 games. I think Dubas may have fired Babs, and picked up Campbell just in time to not throw away the season. He sure took his time though.

I think with average goaltending they'll still finish with a 100 point pace and in the playoffs.

But there isn't much room for error, they have to continue playing at the Keefe 110+ point pace as they need 37-38 points the last 28 games. I think Dubas may have fired Babs, and picked up Campbell just in time to not throw away the season. He sure took his time though.
Yeah the shitty thing is they're playing so fucking well. And the even shittier thing is, 100 points may not be enough to make the playoffs. When has that ever happened? I was banking on 97-98 getting them in but I don't know if that'll happen anymore. They would be the best team to miss the playoffs since Tampa a few years ago when they were battered with injuries. Leafs have been battered with awful coaching and a backup goalie that cost them game after game. It would be a one-off, that's for sure. They're way too good to miss. But that won't be the narrative and we'll have a whole summer to suffer through the idiocy in the media.

no one has been talking about the Lightning surge. been closing ground on the Bruins for a while, into striking distance now

no one has been talking about the Lightning surge. been closing ground on the Bruins for a while, into striking distance now
Good. For the first time I actually want Boston this year. I have a weird feeling about Tampa this year. The leafs under Keefe should be able to expose the Bruins weaknesses far better than they did under babs. With that said to me they're still the best two teams in the NHL but it is what it is. That's the division.

Big game tonight. Panthers have NJ so that's more than likely a win there. Leafs need this one.

They've got a tough Dallas next and then an easy two pack of Ottawa and buffalo. Another 3 of 4 situation in the next two would be acceptable with a buffalo-ottawa sweep.

It gets real tough after that. Back to back with pitt, canes, tampa, and then a bigly Florida game, leading to a half decent Canucks team. Need results these next 4 to give them some wiggle room during a tough part of their schedule.

We have a coach who won't give Boston a big advantage every game.

Yeah, it's a lot harder to win a 7 game series against a team willing to throw Matthews-Marner or Tavares-Nylander at you for 45-47 minutes instead of 35-37 minutes

We're also deeper and better pretty much everywhere this year

We've swapped out Hainsey-Zaitsev-Broken Jake for Barrie-Holl-Sandin/Lilly on the blueline and Marleau-Brown-Ennis-Moore-Goat for Engvall-Kerfoot-Spezza-Clifford-Mikheyev

Those are pretty drastic upgrades throughout the roster.

Last edited:
But in a 7 game sample they're close enough that being "better" won't matter. It'll ultimately once again come down to goaltending and special teams.

Good news is, it seems like they've figured out their special teams since last year. I wouldn't say they'll be favorites but I'm optimistic. Going into it, I felt it was essentially a coin flip last year (leaning towards Boston being the faves due to goaltending and special teams) and I kinda think it is again this year, although I'm basically at 50-50. I'm still not confident in Freddy but more icetime for Matthews and better special teams may be enough to tilt the scale.

Hopefully Soup has his shit sorted by then.

Soup JT Willy would be a tough matchup for them to handle

Back