• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

La Standings Reale

JackBurton

Price has one of the worst contracts in the NHL. Brutal. 6 more years left after this one? He's 32 and hasn't looked the same in 3 years.
We'll be smart and kick Andersen to the curb when he asks for a 8+ per for 7-8 years at age 32.

Preston

Price has one of the worst contracts in the NHL. Brutal. 6 more years left after this one? He's 32 and hasn't looked the same in 3 years.
We'll be smart and kick Andersen to the curb when he asks for a 8+ per for 7-8 years at age 32.
Yeah I wouldn't trade Hutchinson for him.

LeafGm

The crazy thing is, as much hype as he gets, he was only really truly elite from 2013-2015.

Prior to that from 2008-2012, he was just an above-average starter. In 2015/16, he lost basically the whole season to injury, and then came back and had one more strongly above-average season in 2016/17. Since then, he's alternated between "ok, just ok" to flat-out awful.

Somehow though, he parlayed that checkered record of actual performance into eighty-four million dollars. I remember arguing at the time that the Habs should have sold him off for a king's ransom as a pending UFA.

As for Andersen, I have every confidence Dubas won't sign him to a bloated long-term deal.

Artnes

If I am Dubas I am doing everything in my power to use the Russian connection to show Sorokin how wonderful of a place Toronto is to play

zeke

The crazy thing is, as much hype as he gets, he was only really truly elite from 2013-2015.

Prior to that from 2008-2012, he was just an above-average starter. In 2015/16, he lost basically the whole season to injury, and then came back and had one more strongly above-average season in 2016/17. Since then, he's alternated between "ok, just ok" to flat-out awful.

Somehow though, he parlayed that checkered record of actual performance into eighty-four million dollars. I remember arguing at the time that the Habs should have sold him off for a king's ransom as a pending UFA.

As for Andersen, I have every confidence Dubas won't sign him to a bloated long-term deal.
Career

Price (32): 632gms, .918sv% (Plyff: 57gms, .914)
Halak (34): 464gms, .917sv% (Plyff: 28gms, .924)

Deckie007

The amazing thing is the Canadiens have been so piss poor at player development that Price's bloated contract hasn't forced them to make a single tough decision on their roster.

LeafOfFaith

Price was the beneficiary of having the media constantly calling him “the best goalie in the world” nonstop for a couple of years. Then the rest of the world bought it. They were still calling him that just a couple weeks ago.

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
What I never understood is why a team with goalie development as an organizational strength would pay a guy that much. The Habs have always had good goalies and I think they already have Price’s replacement in Laval.

Preston

Need to play at a 103 pointish pace the rest of the way and they'll probably sneak in. Becoming easier and easier with every win. A sabres weekend sweep might be everything I need to see.

LeafGm

Man, we sure caught up to the Habs quickly.

I'm kind of surprised to see the bottom fall out on the Habs like this. I mean, I don't think they're a great team, but I had them figured more as a member of the NHL's mushy middle than a bottom feeder or a team that might end up as a gong-show.

But maybe I underestimated just how bad their group of defensemen is. It's also serious trouble for that team when Price can't even play at the level of an average NHL starting goalie.

zeke

florida plays nashville saturday and then not again until wednesday.

a loss by them to nashville means we can legit be in playoff position by saturday night if we take care of business. even if montreal beats philly.

Habsy

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire
Man, we sure caught up to the Habs quickly.

I'm kind of surprised to see the bottom fall out on the Habs like this. I mean, I don't think they're a great team, but I had them figured more as a member of the NHL's mushy middle than a bottom feeder or a team that might end up as a gong-show.

But maybe I underestimated just how bad their group of defensemen is. It's also serious trouble for that team when Price can't even play at the level of an average NHL starting goalie.
It’s a slump.

I just hope it lasts til April.