• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs' Prospect/Marlies Discussion Thread!

zeke

C R.Amirov (19): KHL 14gms, 3gls, 6pts / VHL 3gms, 1gls, 2pts
C R.Hirvonen (18): Liiga 6gms, 0gls, 1pts
D T.Niemela (18): Liiga 0gms, 0gls, 0pts / U20 6gms, 1gls, 4pts
G A.Akhtyamov (19): KHL 2gms, .918 / VHL 4gms, .957 / MHL 3gms, .926
D W.Villeneuve (18): QJMHL 3gms, 0gls, 1pts
W D.Ovchinnikov (18): KHL 3gms, 0gls, 0pts / VHL 0gms, 0gls, 0pts / MHL 8gms, 6gls, 11pts
D A.Rindell (20): Liiga 5gms, 1gls, 3pts / U20 2gms, 0gls, 1pts

W V.Miettenen (19): NCAA ---
F J.Miller (18): USHL ----
D J.Fusco (19): NCAA ----
C W.Schingoethe (18): NCAA ---
C R.Tverberg (18): NCAA ----

Reactions: BG

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Hmm.

#Leafs 2nd round pick in 2016 Egor Korshkov has 5 goals & 11 points in 13 games this year for Lokomotiv of The KHL.

LeafGm

Hmm.

#Leafs 2nd round pick in 2016 Egor Korshkov has 5 goals & 11 points in 13 games this year for Lokomotiv of The KHL.

Looks like the most current stats for Korshkov are 6 goals & 12 points in 16 games. Which leads his team in scoring.

Nice to see some signs of life from him, as much as I'm not too hopeful about him at this point. He may be a "prospect", but we drafted him four years ago when he was already an overager, so he's only a couple of months younger than William Nylander.

LeafOfFaith

Looks like the most current stats for Korshkov are 6 goals & 12 points in 16 games. Which leads his team in scoring.

Nice to see some signs of life from him, as much as I'm not too hopeful about him at this point. He may be a "prospect", but we drafted him four years ago when he was already an overager, so he's only a couple of months younger than William Nylander.

I mean, I think Engvall is from the Nylander draft and just showed up 5 minutes ago, and is awesome.

So I'm cautiously optimistic now.

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
I mean, I think Engvall is from the Nylander draft and just showed up 5 minutes ago, and is awesome.

So I'm cautiously optimistic now.
Awesome is a strong word.

Can take a 4th line shift without tripping over his dick at current. After an encouraging start to his career he finished the season with like 1-2 points over his last ~25 games.

LeafOfFaith

Meh, the points didn't come later, but he was also moving up and down the lineup, and then played center for a bit, which I don't like him at one bit. As a winger, allowed to do his thing, which is use those long strides and speed to carry the puck, he's pretty damn good.

I like him a lot.

Deckie007

Hockey Prospecting Dashboard.png

Pretty cool site for projecting prospects. Both Robertson and Amirov look like gems. Criteria below
  • The Player Comparison Tool includes every skater, drafted in the first seven rounds, from 1990 to Present as well as select undrafted stars and 1980s drafted Hall of Famers.
  • It includes over 300 eligible draftees for the 2020 draft.
  • In total, the tool includes over 5,000 players
  • NHLes: How the player’s point production in their given league would translate to the NHL (over an 82 game pace). For example, an NHLe of 40 would on average result in 40 points over 82 games in the NHL the first season after the player transitions over.
  • Also, NHLes are used as a way to standardize player’s offensive score over time. We’re looking for higher numbers at younger ages. Those are the biggest indicators of future star-potential and becoming an NHLer, in general.
  • The tool provides the player’s NHLe for five years of development, from their D-1 season (i.e., pre-draft year) through their first eligible draft year (i.e., true draft year) through to their D3 season (i.e., third season after their first eligible draft year)
  • The tool also provides the players’ probability of turning into an NHLer (200+ games) and probability of turning into an offensive star in the NHL (0.7+ career ppg for a forward and 0.45+ career ppg for a defenseman).
  • The five closest comparables provide the five closest players based on star and NHLer probabilities. They are assessed at two stages: D0 – First eligible draft year (the year most players are drafted) and after the five year development track. Note, if the player was drafted in the past few years and hasn’t reached five years of development, the comparables are players that looked like that player at that point in their development. For instance, if the player is four years into their development path, the comparables would be of players that looked similar after four years of development.
  • On rare occasion, the comparable may not match the player exactly. Often when this occurs, the player has a very unique development pattern and doesn’t match a lot players exactly.

leafman101

Amirov is a year older than Robertson, but their 17 & 18 year old seasons compare well by that model, although Robertson had a significantly higher NHLe.