• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs sign Joe Thornton: 1 year/$700K, NMC

Yeah I'm a bit confused by the media reaction on this. Talk about over-analyzing. They can literally sign anyone for 700k and it doesn't matter. At all. Sign Preston. It doesn't matter. If I suck I'm not playing.

nmc on Thornton and Wayne doe matter tho. They both have spots in the lineup cause can’t waive or trade

nmc on Thornton and Wayne doe matter tho. They both have spots in the lineup cause can’t waive or trade
Oh yeah. Well if they're horrible there's always robidas island. It's not much cap space at least. I do mucho prefer Thornton to Simmonds though. I'm pretty sure Simmonds sucks.

can you send down? Anyway, I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised by Simmonds. Joe I’m less sanguine about due to age, but still solid risk/reward

can you send down? Anyway, I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised by Simmonds. Joe I’m less sanguine about due to age, but still solid risk/reward

"No Movement Clauses" were invented by player agents specifically in response to teams burying players with bad contracts in the minors during the cap era. So, "no movement" means they can't be traded, can't be waived, can't be exposed in an expansion draft, can't be demoted.

The only thing you can do with a contract with an NMC (assuming the player won't waive it) is buy it out.

Reactions: CH1
It's weird. You're probably right but in my eyes I see Simmonds as more finished and completely broken as a player than Thornton despite their ages.

But in fairness Thornton had a lot of room to fall as a player. Simmonds was good, not great. Declining even half the amount as Thornton did probably makes him a worse player. So we'll see.

It's weird. You're probably right but in my eyes I see Simmonds as more finished and completely broken as a player than Thornton despite their ages.

But in fairness Thornton had a lot of room to fall as a player. Simmonds was good, not great. Declining even half the amount of Thornton did probably makes him a worse player. So we'll see.

i think he’s healthy and due for a dead cat bounce at 32. Then again, both these guys can easily get hurt and all our great analysis will go to waste

By the way, I never even knew about these stats. They’re fucking hilarious.

On a related note, I have over 40,000 posts which translate to probably an amount of time lost in my life that would put me into a deep depression if I knew exactly how much.

Back