• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs sign Mike Santorelli to a 1 year, 1.5 million contract

Leaves us with a fair amount of cap room and flexibility. Don't know a ton about the player but could be a pretty decent pickup with little risk.

LOVE this signing. Perfect 3rd line centre and I am betting he out-produces Dave Bolland. With the 2 signings today the Leafs are developing some depth upfront

He's cheap. We have lots of cap room and flexibility and pretty much a full roster. So lots of room to upgrade still.

morgan rielly
“@DarrenDreger: Leafs have agreed to a 1 year deal with Mike Santorelli, $1.5 mil.” #workhorse #trainingpartners

morgan rielly
“@DarrenDreger: Leafs have agreed to a 1 year deal with Mike Santorelli, $1.5 mil.” #workhorse #trainingpartners

If young Mr Rielly things he's a gym rat, then he's a ****ing gym rat. Love adding guys like that to a dressing room.

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster

FORWARDS
Joffrey Lupul ($5.250m) / Tyler Bozak ($4.200m) / Phil Kessel ($8.000m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Nazem Kadri ($2.900m) / Petri Kontiola ($1.100m)
Leo Komarov ($2.950m) / Mike Santorelli ($1.500m) / David Clarkson ($5.250m)
Carter Ashton ($0.851m) / Peter Holland ($1.300m) / Matt Frattin ($0.800m)
Spencer Abbott ($0.715m) / Colton Orr ($0.925m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Morgan Rielly ($0.894m) / Dion Phaneuf ($7.000m)
Jake Gardiner ($2.900m) / Stephane Robidas ($3.000m)
Stuart Percy ($0.863m) / Roman Polak ($2.750m)
Petter Granberg ($0.800m) /

GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Bernier ($2.900m)

BUYOUTS
Mike Komisarek ($0.000m)
Mikhail Grabovski ($0.000m)
Tim Gleason ($0.833m)
RETAINED SALARIES (0.29% of upper limit)
Carl Gunnarsson ($0.200m—6.35%)
BONUS OVERAGE
$450,000
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000;
CAP PAYROLL: $62,581,333;
BONUSES: $1,162,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $6,418,667

They'll have about $6 million and all they need is a goalie. Everything else is gravy.

I like it. It means no Legwand, I guess, but we've got some decent depth at center now and still a fair bit of breathing room under the cap.

I like it. It means no Legwand, I guess, but we've got some decent depth at center now and still a fair bit of breathing room under the cap.

Not necessarily. He also plays a decent, fringe top 6 RW. He could easily beat Clarkson out for the 2nd line RW job.

Not necessarily. He also plays a decent, fringe top 6 RW. He could easily beat Clarkson out for the 2nd line RW job.
I suppose so. Kontiola can also play the right wing as well.

It gives us plenty of options, anyways, which is nice after our early-season center ice disaster last year.

Yeah, I think this has to be the reaction to that last season. We have 5-6 guys now who can slot in to a centre role if necessary. I wouldn't be surprised to see us add another one as well.

I have to say.. I kind of like what they've done this offseason, with the exception of Komarov and the Polak trade. And to me, those aren't even complete disasters like we've come to know around here. Progress. Baby steps. I like it.

Back