• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

I recall one fellow in the early days of Phoenix who got the extra pay with his promotion (maybe 50 bucks on a cheque) minus his actual previous pay. His paycheck was 50 bucks. LOL

Some of the issues I've seen have also been errors on the management side of our own department-not learning the system properly,not inputting information on an employees in a timely manner etc. It became easy for some to simply blame Phoenix, when it was them.

The communication channels were the biggest issue for me.....before Phoenix the payroll person used to sit 20 feet away, she knew you, you knew her. If you had an issue you wandered over. With Phoenix, it became very unnerving to put in a ticket and maybe wait years to get an issue addressed. The call centre folks are great, but have little ability to resolve issues..I'm glad to be out of it.

Greg Pateryn actually ended up having an NHL career. Over $9m in career earnings. Not back for an "other notable" on a shit prospect list.

Habs are weird, they never trust the defensemen that they draft, they'll pretty much play any waivers pick up over them.

Subban was the exception but even then you could tell they didn't trust him either.

Good point. All of our blueliners are imports. That’s why I was taken aback when they started gushing about Romanov over a yr ago. True to form, they stopped gushing when the stakes ramped up

Good point. All of our blueliners are imports. That’s why I was taken aback when they started gushing about Romanov over a yr ago. True to form, they stopped gushing when the stakes ramped up
Doesn’t help McDonagh & Sergachev were dealt

It's part of the trend, if the organization had trusted them to become studs, they wouldn't have traded them.
I don’t think it’s trust. Other than Subban / Weber swap, Habs always deal their young D to help bring in offense at forward position. This is not new, goes back a while now to Chelios, Schneider, Desjardins etc..

It’s the age old ineptness at being able to properly identify offensively gifted forward talent & develop them accordingly.

D is the only position they seem to know how to draft & develop properly, consequently those are the only assets from the org in actual demand.

It's weird, it used to be one of our strength, developing defensemen, but something happened after Savard was canned, we stopped trusting our own development program.

Subban, Markov and Komisarek are the exceptions, but even Markov and Komisarek needed 5 years to establish themselves, and with the new rules we might have lost them on waivers by then. Emelin needed 8 years in Russia before coming. Subban is about the most successful one but it's all because of him.

From the list of defensemen we didn't trust or developed properly:

Brad Brown
Robidas
Beauchemin
Hainsey
O'Byrne
Streit
McDonagh
Weber
Pateryn
Tinordi
Beaulieu
Dietz
Sergachev
Mete
Fleury
* Romanov is trending this way too

Reactions: CH1
I don’t think it’s trust. Other than Subban / Weber swap, Habs always deal their young D to help bring in offense at forward position. This is not new, goes back a while now to Chelios, Schneider, Desjardins etc..

It’s the age old ineptness at being able to properly identify offensively gifted forward talent & develop them accordingly.

D is the only position they seem to know how to draft & develop properly, consequently those are the only assets from the org in actual demand.

Those were all developed properly and traded after development. Also all done under Serge. Since then it's been the desert, the organization doesn't know how to develop defensemen anymore, I completely disagree with your stance.

Those were all developed properly and traded after development. Also all done under Serge. Since then it's been the desert, the organization doesn't know how to develop defensemen anymore, I completely disagree with your stance.
McDonagh never played in a Habs jersey and Sergachev played a handful of games as reward for his stellar training camp - neither of them were jettisoned due to lack of trust...they were actually on proper development track.

Both were only dealt out of desperation to address a glaring need for offense.

McDonagh never played in a Habs jersey and Sergachev played a handful of games as reward for his stellar training camp - neither of them were jettisoned due to lack of trust...they were actually on proper development track.

Both were only dealt out of desperation to address a glaring need for offense.
The team soured in McDonagh (especially Gauthier) and that's why he was part of the deal. They didn't have to offer him.

I think they had growing concerns that Sergachev might not develop the way they hoped. Even Cooper said he had to work really hard with Sergachev to improve his game, Montreal wouldn't have had that patience.

The team soured in McDonagh (especially Gauthier) and that's why he was part of the deal. They didn't have to offer him.

I think they had growing concerns that Sergachev might not develop the way they hoped. Even Cooper said he had to work really hard with Sergachev to improve his game, Montreal wouldn't have had that patience.
I remember Tinordi, drafted to much fanfare due to the pedigree of his father, was starting to get some games under his belt when Therrien was coaching. Then he coughed up a puck that went into the net. He didn't get another shift that game and then was a healthy scratch and then was sent to the minors, never to be seen or heard from again.

Back