• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

Beck is going to be the biggest surprise amongst Habs prospects IMO - so much ROR in the player
Plays the ROR 2 way game and has better wheels

The motor is there , big part of a players success

What good is skill like Laine with no will and brain to go with it

Ironically ROR also the 33rd pick in his draft

Owen Beck gets a hat trick and leads the Petes to a 6-5 win after being down 5-0
He's 3 months shy of his 20th birthday. He should be dominating the OHL like this every night. Any numbers that a kid in junior puts up after his 18th year is bullshit not to be taken seriously.

ROR didn’t go back to the OHL after being drafted, tho. He played 82 games for the Avs.
He was also a Feb birthday and relegated to 4C on a bad Avs team that was up against the cap and he was their best $$$$ option

Maybe it’s been mentioned, Beck had now been given an offensive role vs shutdown C he was relegated to last year.

WeHave & GGPx have been talking about Beck needing to dominate offensively (PPG+), well I think we’re seeing it now that he’s been given a role that allows for it..

He was also a Feb birthday and relegated to 4C on a bad Avs team that was up against the cap and he was their best $$$$ option

Maybe it’s been mentioned, Beck had now been given an offensive role vs shutdown C he was relegated to last year.

WeHave & GGPx have been talking about Beck needing to dominate offensively (PPG+), well I think we’re seeing it now that he’s been given a role that allows for it..
He's currently at 1.12ppg. I'd like to see that gust up a bit to 1.25+ before thinking he's a second line center prospect.

66 points in 60 games last year.
For comparison Roy had 119 points in 66 games in his post draft year.

As for his role it is not like the Petes had all these elite offensive players blocking him.

I like him as a bottom 6 guy but he will have to make a huge leap offensively to have ROR upside.

Bogdan Konyushkov: The 20-year-old defenseman with Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod in the KHL was a fourth-round pick in the 2023 draft as an overager, but he’s already proving to be a steal. In a league where young defensemen struggle to get ice time, Konyushkov has put up 16 points in 32 games while playing well over 20 minutes a night for coach Igor Larionov. Konyushkov is an undersized defenseman at 5-foot-11, 176 pounds, but he is mobile and showing excellent potential for making the transition to North America with how trusted he is in Russia at a young age. — Arpon Basu

As for his role it is not like the Petes had all these elite offensive players blocking him.

I like him as a bottom 6 guy but he will have to make a huge leap offensively to have ROR upside.
And is on the smallish side too, I cant see him being as physical as ROR and ROR isn't that physical. If he can replace Danault, that would be fine.

Here's the thing with Beck. If you're a 19 year old player with offensive talent in the OHL (Not talking NHL, just Juniors), but you need to be placed in a position to show your offensive talent? Then sorry, you're not a good offensive talent. Not to mention, he's barely above a PPG in his final year of Junior.

Players with a scoring touch will find a way in Junior, regardless of who they play with. 19/20 years olds have such a distinct advantage over the younger players because of their physical maturity.

I don't have much belief in Beck's upside, personally. I would be glad to be proven wrong, though. I think he's all but guaranteed to be a player with a long NHL career, soon to be Jake Evans's replacement.

That’s why Danault 2.0 is the optimistic model — Phillip also didn’t dominate during his post draft junior years

Roy was in the Q.

Can’t trust those numbers

Back