• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

You still working pay center GGpX?
I recently retired from federal government. Dealt with pay centre many times. Great people. Lousy system.

At least my cheques stopped when I retired. I had dreams of them continuing with no way to stop. (y)

No OT for me though. At times I could have used it......

I recently retired from federal government. Dealt with pay centre many times. Great people. Lousy system.

At least my cheques stopped when I retired. I had dreams of them continuing with no way to stop. (y)

Ive been lucky since i haven't acted and been in same position forever so no pay issues. I did assist people with problems that required involving deputy minister to finally get action. I don't envy GGpX thankless work.

Ive been lucky since i haven't acted and been in same position forever so no pay issues. I did assist people with problems that required involving deputy minister to finally get action. I don't envy GGpX thankless work.
Yes, it got to the point with me Alan where I simply didn't look at short assignments because I didn't want the potential hassle.

Hehehe. Trust me, you don't. The amount of messed up T4s thanks to that is countless.

Honest question

What requires you to put in those crazy hours ?

I think you have a government job but OT is one thing but doing it multiple weeks ……..
Nothing "requires" me. I could do my regular hours and nobody say a thing. The majority of the people I work with do their regular hours and that's it.

I've been doing less OT since June started because they limited it to 10 hours / week. It hasn't changed much of anything in my day to day routine, though. I work a lot because I've always been a (to quote WeHave) complete failure scholastically and I've always been good at working. Plus, it's never really bothered me and I don't ever feel tired.

Nothing "requires" me. I could do my regular hours and nobody say a thing. The majority of the people I work with do their regular hours and that's it.

I've been doing less OT since June started because they limited it to 10 hours / week. It hasn't changed much of anything in my day to day routine, though. I work a lot because I've always been a (to quote WeHave) complete failure scholastically and I've always been good at working. Plus, it's never really bothered me and I don't ever feel tired.
It's "pathetic" failure, not "complete" failure.

I clock 10 hours/week in OT mostly because I show up at 6am (I only live 10 minutes from the office so it's easy enough to do) and I spend the first 2 hours of my day mostly doing this.

Work smart, not hard.

I've done 80+ hours, for long stretch of times, never again. In my 20s or earlier 30s I could do it, but I still shouldn't have done it. I was always slightly depressed back then too with misaligned priorities.
In my early 40's I did over 3 years of graveyard shifts, 7 on, 7 off 10 hour shifts plus an hour commute. Killed my marriage and damn near killed me too.

My wife was somewhat lucky with Phoenix. She never missed any paycheques like some people and she wasn't overpaid like a few others but at one point she got a promotion and it took nearly 4 years for them to sort out her pay. During that time she had the promotion but was getting paid at her old rate. When they finally sorted it out she got about 10 grand in back pay, which was nice. Since then she's been promoted a couple of times without any lag in pay.

My wife was somewhat lucky with Phoenix. She never missed any paycheques like some people and she wasn't overpaid like a few others but at one point she got a promotion and it took nearly 4 years for them to sort out her pay. During that time she had the promotion but was getting paid at her old rate. When they finally sorted it out she got about 10 grand in back pay, which was nice. Since then she's been promoted a couple of times without any lag in pay.
Yeah. There's a lot of case types that were downright ignored because a lot of people didn't know how to process them.

Promotions aren't high priority cases because even if it's not done right away, the employee's still getting paid, albeit at the wrong rate. Same thing with transfers between departments.

Back