• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Mathew Knies.....

Slinger 48

I'm new here and haven't read a lot of older stuff yet. I haven't seen anything about Knies yet and I really don't know much about him myself.

Thoughts on Knies?

Will he sign and play this season/playoffs?

Would that be good? Bad?

Curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

He’ll be awesome. I may be miffed with how things shaped up at the deadline, but I was quite glad and relieved we didn’t lose this kid. I think he’s going to be a natural fit in the top six and will make an immediate impact.

I also think there’s a good chance we won’t see him play until Keefe is fired.

He’ll be awesome. I may be miffed with how things shaped up at the deadline, but I was quite glad and relieved we didn’t lose this kid. I think he’s going to be a natural fit in the top six and will make an immediate impact.

I also think there’s a good chance we won’t see him play until Keefe is fired.

Well that wouldn't hurt my feelings any but I'll leave that for another thread.

I really like him myself but I’d say the board in general is mostly on the side of “he’s overrated” re his stats. Could see him being a Hyman type/good complement to our top two lines. One thing I really like about him is he just seems to get the puck to the net really consistently.

Is it really the board in general that's on the overrated side? The "he's a stud" and "he's a bit overrated" camps seem about equal to me...with the biggest camp being silent like me, because I've never seen him play and don't really understand how NCAA stats translate.

He's not a great prospect, but he's a good one.

On this board we often look at draft +1 production a lot to determine how excited we're going to get about prospects. wasn't paying super close attention but seems he did finish the season pretty well...but the college hockey production level is not there to expect an impact NHL top liner or anything like that.

If he can be a scoring 3rd line winger that uses his size I think we've got a winner. any more than that would be a pleasant surprise to me.

He's not a great prospect, but he's a good one.

On this board we often look at draft +1 production a lot to determine how excited we're going to get about prospects. wasn't paying super close attention but seems he did finish the season pretty well...but the college hockey production level is not there to expect an impact NHL top liner or anything like that.

If he can be a scoring 3rd line winger that uses his size I think we've got a winner. any more than that would be a pleasant surprise to me.

Pretty much my thoughts. I hope we find out soon.

He has grown on me. With NCAA prospects it's not always easy. The studs are very obvious so all we can say is that he's not a can't miss, clear stud. Tough to truly tell what his upside is and how likely he is to reach that potential.. there is a wide range of possibilities, including a relatively high risk of completely busting based on other dudes that put up similar numbers to him. Although, he did turn it on later in the year and that encouraged me quite a bit, even if that may have a lot to do with his linemates.

I will continue to sit on the fence because I've seen him play a total of 1 time and there is way too much uncertainty to be confident in any outcome.

Is it really the board in general that's on the overrated side? The "he's a stud" and "he's a bit overrated" camps seem about equal to me...with the biggest camp being silent like me, because I've never seen him play and don't really understand how NCAA stats translate.
Yeah I mean, I’m just basing this on the reaction everytime I post an update on him in the Prospects thread, I can’t really count people who don’t post about him.

He has grown on me. With NCAA prospects it's not always easy. The studs are very obvious so all we can say is that he's not a can't miss, clear stud. Tough to truly tell what his upside is and how likely he is to reach that potential.. there is a wide range of possibilities, including a relatively high risk of completely busting based on other dudes that put up similar numbers to him. Although, he did turn it on later in the year and that encouraged me quite a bit, even if that may have a lot to do with his linemates.

I will continue to sit on the fence because I've seen him play a total of 1 time and there is way too much uncertainty to be confident in any outcome.

Well said.

Yeah and I wouldn't expect him to be as strong defensively either.. Not sure their skating is all that similar either. I still have JVR as my upside comp. But that's with only seeing him play once.. He just reminded me of a young JVR.

Back