• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Misc Topic Thread: 2021

you guys always harp on player contracts..."is Edmundson really worth 3.5M/yr"

do you ever consider that corporations do the same thing? veterans like O'Toole become expensive...
Sure, I understand it. I have less sympathy for them when they still make a ton of money and cry poor to the government to get I don't know how many millions of dollars in Covid relief.

As Geeman mentioned, the biggest difference is, they can fire people whenever they want.

It's no different at all. A contract is a contract and they all have buyouts.

Sure it's different. Companies aren't forced to stop spending on talent based on an arbitrary number that was collectively bargained (A number that is used to guilt players into taking less money btw). Companies could, if they so choose, spend twice as much on talent without anyone batting an eye. The NHL, however, you can't. Bell could overspend on everyone they wanted, outspending every other company five fold, because they're not living in a world where they want to have "competitive balance".

Both can buyout contracts as they see fit, though. You're right about that.

No difference in this context. A contracted employee is a contracted employee. All the other issues are irrelevant. If the Habs want rid of a player they can buy him out. Same with Bell.

So Bell just decided to spray the block today again.

Hamilton, Vancouver & Winnipeg radio stations all canned without notice, a bunch of people in Toronto laid off as well.

So Bell just decided to spray the block today again.

Hamilton, Vancouver & Winnipeg radio stations all canned without notice, a bunch of people in Toronto laid off as well.

lets collect 121 million in Covid relief cash , and dump staff

I don't know how you can fire Dan O'Toole, but keep Jermain Franklin.

Actually, I do know, but alas, when a company's more interested in playing identity politics for PR purposes...

I hope all of them land on their feet.
most likely $$$

I think I inadvertently upset Brian Wilde on Twitter.

It's a skill.
the guy that really cares about player safety for concussions but not covid?

is that the guy? - i cannot remember but if so - congrats

Not.Going.To.Happen.

We ain't repeating Quebec City's mistake of building an arena and not getting a team...spend money elsewhere please

Back