• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New Canadian Politics Thread

WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou

Yeah, I feel that the boogie monster of private health care does get overblown in Canada, where any slight increase in private services is the sign of the apocalypse for the system as a whole.

But yeah, I don't think anyone with a straight face will say this is as far as Doug wants to go, and this is only to help delivery of care to people by expanding, or whatever BS they spouted in their presser about it.
It isn't a boogie monster when the people in charge of delivering healthcare are clowns like DoFo and Smith. ANY sort of privatization is the thin edge of the wedge. You let them have that inch and the next thing you know you've got the US style for-profit system that you never asked for.

To use a sports analogy, what Ford is doing now is the equivalent of introducing the DH rule. Seems innocuous enough at first but before you know it pitchers are being pulled from games when they're 4 outs away from a no-hitter and you're putting a runner at second base to start the 10th inning.

worm

It isn't a boogie monster when the people in charge of delivering healthcare are clowns like DoFo and Smith. ANY sort of privatization is the thin edge of the wedge. You let them have that inch and the next thing you know you've got the US style for-profit system that you never asked for.

To use a sports analogy, what Ford is doing now is the equivalent of introducing the DH rule. Seems innocuous enough at first but before you know it pitchers are being pulled from games when they're 4 outs away from a no-hitter and you're putting a runner at second base to start the 10th inning.
I doubt this will turn out to be a huge success like it has for baseball

zeke

the conceit in that article is that Trudeau is unpopular, when in fact his approval rating is higher than it's been in at least a year and a half.

it also cites three incidents that happened in 2019 as his list of "growing controversies".