• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New Canadian Politics Thread

View: https://twitter.com/ColinDMello/status/1729158445306372547

I'm gonna straight up say that Chow rolled Dougie real gud in this deal.

Toronto gets the DVP and Gardiner off of their books and it becomes the Province's problem. They're mostly arteries used by 905'ers to get into and out of Toronto anyway, but were huge chunks of the city budget to "maintain". In return they let Dougie continue to hide his greasy Therme/Ontario Place deal for a while longer before it comes to light anyway.

Toronto had projected the costs at 1.9 Billion over the next 10 years.

View: https://twitter.com/ColinDMello/status/1729158445306372547

I'm gonna straight up say that Chow rolled Dougie real gud in this deal.

Toronto gets the DVP and Gardiner off of their books and it becomes the Province's problem. They're mostly arteries used by 905'ers to get into and out of Toronto anyway, but were huge chunks of the city budget to "maintain". In return they let Dougie continue to hide his greasy Therme/Ontario Place deal for a while longer before it comes to light anyway.

Toronto had projected the costs at 1.9 Billion over the next 10 years.

I don’t get what’s in it for the province at all. Ford gets another way to funnel money to people who attended his daughter’s wedding… and? Takes on many billions in liability in exchange?

Oh, I get what’s in it for Doug Ford. The province gets screwed. If anyone was paying any attention, Crombie should destroy him in the next election.

Ford I think sees Ontario place redevelopment as his opportunity to make a mark. But he’s a carnival barker so it will just end up being something awful opulent and ugly, like out of trumps imagination, and nobody will use it.

I do wonder if the science centre is in scope. If so that’s not a great confession by chow.

"Life expectancy declines when there are more deaths, when deaths occur at younger ages, or a combination of both," the report said.

Not sure where we'd be without this explanation. Thank you, report.

The Indian govt says it will conduct an inquiry.

rNopSsR.gif

Back