• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New Canadian Politics Thread

This tweet by the CPC did not go as planned I think...check the comments

can't say I'm usually heartened by twitter comments, but not the case here. well done twitterverse.

and yeah, the CPC still has the same messaging problem they have had post-Harper. doesn't seem to be getting any better either.

"It's getting to the point where Liberal ministers who may be wanting to run for leader in the future have to ask themselves how closely do they want to be associated with Justin Trudeau's ethical behaviour here," said
@AndrewScheer

This makes me chuckle.

Yeah, Scheer can fuck off. Can't believe the CPC still hasn't given that loser the boot and replaced with in an interim leader.

That said, this whole WE thing is an astoundingly stupid and greasy unforced error on Trudeau's part.

Justin always has been a platitude spouting, low intelligence muppet. I pray (but doubt) he has enough good sense to eventually step aside and let Chrystia take over.

This has always been my hope. That the Liberal party stays in power, but picks a leader with more competence & gravitas to replace Trudeau.

Freeland would probably be my pick as well.

I think McKay will win the next election anyway, so maybe it's best (from an LPC point of view) to let Justin lose and then pick a new leader.

The WE scandal is an entirely self-inflicted wound. Fucking morons. How dumb do you have to be to not see the problems here. Unbelievable stupidity. Just shocking.

I mean, giving a contract to a charity where you don't have any direct ties other having done stuff in the past with them I can certainly see how you would not think there was any conflict of interests.

Of course, it's the sort of thing where you have to assume that any sole-source deals are going to trigger people, so you should be super-extra-cautious about it. And obviously the fact that the government is often a little extra cozy in these sorts of things, and is just bad at handling the fallout, always compounds on things.

But that being said, Scheer spouting his rhetoric, literally calling the police to try to investigate this, is crazy.

I mean, giving a contract to a charity where you don't have any direct ties other having done stuff in the past with them I can certainly see how you would not think there was any conflict of interests.

Of course, it's the sort of thing where you have to assume that any sole-source deals are going to trigger people, so you should be super-extra-cautious about it. And obviously the fact that the government is often a little extra cozy in these sorts of things, and is just bad at handling the fallout, always compounds on things.

But that being said, Scheer spouting his rhetoric, literally calling the police to try to investigate this, is crazy.
His family has made hundreds of thousands speaking for WE...

At the absolute bare minimum, someone should have flagged that the optics of this would be, at best, total shit.

His family has made hundreds of thousands speaking for WE...

At the absolute bare minimum, someone should have flagged that the optics of this would be, at best, total shit.

keeps getting worse... Morneau could not “remember” that WE paid for a few of his family trips to developing countries.

Back