• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New Canadian Politics Thread

from Toronto today

E_Mh1DSXoAIALdj
8bb147467a61ef161accd570929a875892006bc97300413bc115989ab830f6bd_1.jpg

Funny thing is I'm struggling to think of a time that I've been happier. I can't. Ignoring the country burning is great for the soul.

It’s amusing that people who have completed advanced studies that few others have ever seen think they can opine on other fields that are similarly unattainable for the non-expert. Modern division of labour is the division of knowledge.

Hint: once a person is at grad level in any field, only her peers can really understand what they are looking at. It’s just too much information.
Yeah, like Dr. Ben Carson. He's an idiot savant. A literal brain surgeon on the one hand but completely lacking any brains outside of that narrow specialization.

Then there are the scores of right wing "Doctors" who got their doctorates in things like phys-ed or theology but then shoot their mouths off about vaccines as if they're epidemiologists.

One of his dad’s best political skills was knowing when to appear not to give a fuck. Justin appears to be channeling that recently.
''appear not to give a fuck ?''

PET actually didn't give fuck and knew he could just sit back and they'd make themselves look like the idiots they are , he did like to give them a poke here and there to get them really going , lol .

Last edited:

PET actually didn't give fuck and knew he could just back and they'd make themselves look like the idiots they are , he did like to give them a poke here and there to get them really going , lol .
Exactly. Every time these right wing nut jobs fly off the handle it simply reminds people that the Cons are supported by and would govern for crazy people. O'Toole started losing this election as soon as his base started throwing rocks at JT's bus and called one of his staffers by a racist name. That's why I want to see more of the PPC in this campaign, not less. These angry mobs are just encouraging the Cons to keep stepping on rakes.

PET actually didn't give fuck and knew he could just back and they'd make themselves look like the idiots they are , he did like to give them a poke here and there to get them really going , lol .
Maybe. PET was before my time, but when I watch videos of him,it all looks pretty theatrical.

JT is also living through his first cultural moment where it is acceptable to say, on some level, "you guys can get fucked" to his opposition. The Sunny Ways era is over, again.

He's also the oldest among the federal leaders this time and maybe his inner curmudgeon is starting to show.

NDP is taking hits as well. Some candidate hates the jews.
Everything is turning up millhouse for the liberals
I would argue the NDP has an institutional anti-semitism problem that they continually choose not to address. but yeah, momentum currently favours the Libs for sure.

on that note, I have now officially voted! dropped my special ballot off at the returning office. easy as.

So one of the go-to CPC attacks on Trudeau is how "selfish" he is for calling the election, meanwhile Ford goes MIA to avoid further tarnishing (if that's possible) the CPC brand during the election and handcuffs any kind of meaningful action against the hospital protests.

So one of the go-to CPC attacks on Trudeau is how "selfish" he is for calling the election, meanwhile Ford goes MIA to avoid further tarnishing (if that's possible) the CPC brand during the election and handcuffs any kind of meaningful action against the hospital protests.
let's be honest , Ford wants the Libs to win , it's much better for him politically

Back