• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

New Music Thread

Ed H in Pasadena

I'm constantly on the lookout for new, interesting music to listen to, whether by new(er) artists or new stuff by artists that are more established. Thought this could be a thread to share those interests. Who knows? Maybe you'll find something new to listen to and enjoy.
Rock, pop, R&B, hip-hop, Latin, dance/electronica, KPop, indie, country, roots, Americana, whatever ... if there's something that struck you, post it here.

I'm going to start with the finalized version of a song Radiohead has been crafting for, oh, 20+ years. They officially released it today (and the corresponding video) to promote Kid A Mnesia, their upcoming resissue of those two classic Radiohead LPs that will include previously unreleased and alt versions of songs on a third disc.
The song "Follow Me Around" is, well, watch the video and listen to the lyrics and you'll see.

Brandi Carlile, Americana/roots artist/alt country/folk artist from Washington state, has released her new LP "In These Silent Days" on October 1st. This is her latest single "Right on Time", which she performed as the second song on her recent appearance on "Saturday Night Live".

Brandi Carlile, Americana/roots artist/alt country/folk artist from Washington state, has released her new LP "In These Silent Days" on October 1st. This is her latest single "Right on Time", which she performed as the second song on her recent appearance on "Saturday Night Live".

She's really good.

Lord Huron, who hit it huge back in 2015 with "The Night We Met" (nearly 900 million Spotify streams), is back with a great song called "Mine Forever"

I had never heard of Lord Huron or "The Night We Met." So I checked it out. Not bad... my wife and I both immediately thought it reminded us of U2 "All I Want is You."

I had never heard of Lord Huron or "The Night We Met." So I checked it out. Not bad... my wife and I both immediately thought it reminded us of U2 "All I Want is You."

It kind of does, doesn't it? I'd noticed that before but forgot about it in the interim. Glad you liked it.

The quirky hit of the summer was "Chaise Longue" by the two-woman outfit from the Isle of Wight called Wet Leg. This is their follow-up single, called "Wet Dream"

The other song I want to share this morning is from a four girl (as in age range 11 to 17) band from here in L.A. They call themselves The Linda Lindas. They had a powerful, surprise hit song this past May called "Racist, Sexist Boy" that they played on Jimmy Kimmel, and was called out by Amy Poehler, Kathleen Hanna (Bikini Kill) and Carrie Brownstein (Sleater-Kinney). This is their latest single, "Oh!"

Last edited:
The Reading (England) band British Sea Power just recently dropped "British" from their group name (no longer wanting their name to sound too jingoistic). This is their latest single, "Folly"

The Philadelphia band The War on Drugs has a new single entitled "I Don't Live Here Anymore". The song features vocal contributions from the lead vocalists of L.A.-based band Lucius.

If you guys are into Country-leaning Americana stuff ... Morgan Wade's new-ish record "Reckless" is real good. Produced by Jason Isbell sideman Sadler Vaden, who also contributes some guitar riffs. Here's a taste

If you guys are into Country-leaning Americana stuff ... Morgan Wade's new-ish record "Reckless" is real good. Produced by Jason Isbell sideman Sadler Vaden, who also contributes some guitar riffs. Here's a taste

Really like this song, Jeff. That reminds me of a couple of songs I've heard recently that fall into that category. I'll post later.

P.S. BIG fan of Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit.

This wasn't the song I was thinking of, but I heard this a little earlier. Robert Plant has collaborated again with Alison Krause on the song, "Can't Let Go"

Jeff, the song I was thinking of (country-leaning Americana/roots) is this one by (Jade) Jackson + (Aubrie) Sellers, called "Waste Your Time".

Back