• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

There has to be a tipping point.
I think so many cops are testifying against him is good...but they might just be smart enough to know that, as bad as things are now between cops and minorities they'll get a helluva lot worse for cops if every black man they pull over figures he now has a shot at ending up dead. (which yes, is already a thing)
...I mean I know it's easy to just say it, but I don't know how I'd react if I got pulled over and thought that maybe I was about to die.
...and of course in America everyone's carrying.

is there anything in the way of exculpatory evidence? the whole interaction is on fucking video.

Well, he's a white police officer and George Floyd is a black drug addict who was clearly dying of a drug overdose at the exact time of the incident....so there's that.

That's exculpatory enough for me man.

I mean, even here in Toronto, that cop murdered that kid on the streetcar on video with a ton of witnesses, and somehow only got convicted of “attempted murder”.

Not to mention all the blatant police brutality caught on video during the BLM protests, and nothing came of any of that.
and the way they got to the conviction, legally/technically speaking, was... perhaps a stretch. pretty sure it is currently under appeal. so point taken. I'm hopeful the tide is turning, but we shall see.

I don't understand the "justification" that he was on drugs whatsofuckingever.

They have even more of a duty to get the man medical attention ASAP as soon as he is restrained, which he was, successfully, at the pretty much the beginning of the fucking video.

Well, he's a white police officer and George Floyd is a black drug addict who was clearly dying of a drug overdose at the exact time of the incident....so there's that.

That's exculpatory enough for me man.
It only has to be exculpatory enough for one juror. For what it's worth, Chauvin's jury has 9 white people, 4 black people, and 2 people who identify as multi-racial.

I think it's possible (like 50/50) that he is convicted of second degree manslaughter. For the other charges, the drugs and heart condition and the systemic racism make it unlikely that they can meet the evidentiary burden.

Thought the prosecution did a really good job of laying out a strong case that the cause of death was suffocation and not any other cause.

Thought the prosecution did a really good job of laying out a strong case that the cause of death was suffocation and not any other cause.
They did an excellent job. But then the defence laid out he’s black and has taken drugs at some point in his life, and well......who knows what happened. Can’t convict with those kind of opposing narratives

I think you forget that facts do not matter to an alarmingly high percentage of Americans anymore.

Nope, didn't forget that. Just think the prosecution did a good job in that aspect regardless. You're right, morons gonna moron. But thought they laid it out clearly and had some really good witnesses.

There has to be a tipping point.
I think so many cops are testifying against him is good...but they might just be smart enough to know that, as bad as things are now between cops and minorities they'll get a helluva lot worse for cops if every black man they pull over figures he now has a shot at ending up dead. (which yes, is already a thing)
...I mean I know it's easy to just say it, but I don't know how I'd react if I got pulled over and thought that maybe I was about to die.
...and of course in America everyone's carrying.
Black men carrying is the cause of several of the gun laws in the 60's that got passed..

Here's even more proof of stupidity from Gaetz....

Apparently Venmo is public by default, in that your Venmo list can be seen by others unless you...ya know...check the box to make your list private. Guess what Gaetz didn't do?

This is from last year ffs

2anof2ugl4s61.png

Back