• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Yeah. His whole business mod has always been just saying shit and then bullying/begging/paying/blackmailing people to make it happen, or more importantly make it look like it happened.

And of course he loves the lack of structure and the mess, as it allows him to always blame someone else and never be directly responsible.

It's worse than that. Not only did he barely govern anything that wasn't his pet project (wall etc) but he didn't allow others to govern either. Stopped them from doing so many necessary and obvious actions.
Yeah, nobody should have expected Trump to do any work on this or any subject. His whole schtick was that as the "CEO" he would hire the "right people" to do these jobs.

Which could have been an interesting approach, if he had done any of that.

I doubt Trudeau will expend any political capital trying to change Biden’s mind on Keystone XL.

He’ll just make sad noises in public and then move on.
Yep. This is one where in the off the record part of their first meeting, Trudeau will thank Biden.

Then say contradictory things so as not to totally alienate Alberta.

I’m not sure it’s the right strategy, those voters are lost to the Liberals anyway.

Yep. This is one where in the off the record part of their first meeting, Trudeau will thank Biden.

Then say contradictory things so as not to totally alienate Alberta.

I’m not sure it’s the right strategy, those voters are lost to the Liberals anyway.

Yeah, I’m not sure I see the point either. Even tacit support for Keystone pisses off people worried about climate change, and on the flip-side it won’t do anything to satisfy Alberta oil workers & Conservatives that hate his guts.

Back