• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Yeah believe it or not I think Seiko has some quality pieces. For those on a serious budget they're a good buy.

Even if not on a budget, Grand Seiko makes some flat out incredible stuff and their poorly named true high end watch house (Credor) is comparable to everything south of the holy trinity (and maybe even some of the lower and mid tier holy trinity stuff).

Just their base Seiko stuff though? 500 dollars for an automatic with an in house japanese movement? Ridiculous value, every bit as good as low tier swiss luxury brands for half the cost or less. I own a few swiss pieces in that tier, and my 2 Seiko's are every bit as good.

I have one as well but haven't seen it in forever. Now that you mention it I will have to find it. Was one of my first watches.

My favourite beater of all time is the SKX009, I still have one kicking around. Damn near impossible to kill. That and the baby snowflake are my two Seiko's.

Yeah, I dig Baume. They started moving towards an in house movement a few years ago. I'm not sure how good it is, but they're owned by Richemont group (Lange, Vacheron) so I'd expect it to be pretty solid. That's a real watchmaker owned by very serious watchmakers. That's where I lose the plot on Tag personally. Owned by a fashion brand congolomerate and have been slowly moving away from doing much of anything in house other than design.
Check out this work of art and tell me you don't like Tag. Gotta judge this book by its cover.

1611457077811.png

This feels like a local newspaper interviewing a guy running for student council, not CNN interviewing a member of the U.S. Congress.

Trump dumbed the GOP down so far, it's like a major league baseball team playing against a little league T-ball team.

The arguments we're hearing this week are just a complete fucking embarrassment.

Back