• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

That's exactly what they're warming up the band for. His entire spiel was about clearing the runway for gerrymander protected Republican state legislatures to be able to set aside the votes in their states and install the Republican candidate as the winner regardless of vote outcome.
Consequences of this are horrible and scary that a ton of people can see it coming but it'll probably happen anyway.

Still get angry at the dummies who said a Trump presidency won't be a disaster.

Trump will 100% declare himself the winner in 2024 no matter what happens

Even if Donnie croaked tomorrow, whoever the Republican nominee ends up being in 2024 will declare themselves the winner no matter what, and coup as hard as they possibly can.

I don’t think these guys ever cared much for democracy in the first place, and now it’s been clearly demonstrated to them that there are no consequences for chucking it aside.

The only saving grace America has right now is that the Democrats hold the executive branch. It's a lot harder to take power than it is to just retain it.

Even if Donnie croaked tomorrow, whoever the Republican nominee ends up being in 2024 will declare themselves the winner no matter what, and coup as hard as they possibly can.

I don’t think these guys ever cared much for democracy in the first place, and now it’s been clearly demonstrated to them that there are no consequences for chucking it aside.

Democracy only gets in the way of Corporate and/or Religious rule.

80% of the things wrong with the American legal system in one tweet thread...fml

I'm guessing that this judge is financially incentivized to keep the beds in that juvenile facility full. If the cost (or amount charged) per inmate is $175/day that comes to $63,875.00/year per inmate. Don't tell me that the people sending these kids to jail aren't getting a cut somewhere along the line.

Full on coup coming in 2024 though right?

It keeps happening because since Inauguration Day the Dems have done precisely NOTHING to punish those responsible. They're busy applauding slap on the wrist convictions of individual rednecks who were caught on camera storming the Capitol while letting the people who sent them there get away scot free.

I'm not so sure Trumpism is transferrable. It's really a cult of personality and if said personality is suddenly no longer there all you've got left are actual Republican politicians who lack the ability to move people to action simply by parroting Trump's words. Nobody can Trump like Trump. If he dies before 2024 the fever breaks and we're safe until a newer, younger and smarter non-politician wannabe despot shows up.

A refresher.....

b98.jpg

images

Back