• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

So I've been thinking about this and just how much has Texas and their mentality screwed the States over in history?

LBJ and Nam have plenty of scandals
Bush 41 was CIA brass when Kennedy was shot and started this modern era of fuckery in the 80s. Bush 43? Lol.

Go back when further and it always seems like a Texan is involved.
And now Florida is saying "Hold my beer".

YouTube comments say the punitive damages are capped at 2x compensatory in Texas. So it won't be too much for Alex even if they go to the max.
Yeah, those laws were basically written by corporations to limit the amount they have to pay when they crime. Lots of oil, gas and chemical companies in Texas. I don't recommend drinking water straight from the tap there.

Fair enough about the successful stolen election but man, there’s something a touch more dramatic about having militias storm the Capitol, being on board with your VP being hung, and a bomb being placed outside the DNC with the incoming VP inside that the Secret Service failed to locate and has conveniently erased all their texts on that day.
That's just theatre. The next coup will be over and done with before anyone realizes it's happened. Not a shot will be fired. Democracy will die from a thousand small cuts and be euthanized by the stroke of a pen while the nation is asleep.

And why DeSantis will also be worse than Trump.
How people don’t see how dangerous he is surprises me. Especially Floridians.

This guy is smart, disciplined, covert and an all around fascist.

I’ve been warning people for years now about this guy. His real strength? Republicans will vote themselves into a firing squad just to “stick it to the libs and their pronouns”.

Fair enough about the successful stolen election but man, there’s something a touch more dramatic about having militias storm the Capitol, being on board with your VP being hung, and a bomb being placed outside the DNC with the incoming VP inside that the Secret Service failed to locate and has conveniently erased all their texts on that day.
The sad part of all this is that you’re just scratching the surface. It’s deeper than the titanic at this point.

Back