• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

You have to remember, in Glenn's world "anti corporate" = all things good as a matter of pure faith, no additional analysis required.

You have to remember, in Glenn's world "anti corporate" = all things good as a matter of pure faith, no additional analysis required.

One of the most crucial things to understand is which political "side" Big Corp is actually on. In a large part, both sides are actually animated by thinking they are fighting against the domination of big business.

At the moment the Far Right is animated by the fact that they are fighting against the Big Corps who are powersharing with liberal governments, when it seems much clearer that they are parroting decades of Big Corp propaganda AGAINST the government.

Yes, corruption exists in democracry and unfortunately always will, but Big Corp has always been trying to tear down democracy, and get rid of taxes and regulations, and the right doesn't quite realize tat they're actually fighting for the corps, not agaianst them.

But getting the details of this analysis right is very important. And I'm still trying to pull it all together.

One of the most crucial things to understand is which political "side" Big Corp is actually on. In a large part, both sides are actually animated by thinking they are fighting against the domination of big business.

At the moment the Far Right is animated by the fact that they are fighting against the Big Corps who are powersharing with liberal governments, when it seems much clearer that they are parroting decades of Big Corp propaganda AGAINST the government.

Yes, corruption exists in democracry and unfortunately always will, but Big Corp has always been trying to tear down democracy, and get rid of taxes and regulations, and the right doesn't quite realize tat they're actually fighting for the corps, not against them.

But getting the details of this analysis right is very important. And I'm still trying to pull it all together.
They (the right) know. It's on purpose. They expect to be rewarded for helping take down democracy. They still expect to have democracy for themselves, even if no one else has it anymore. In short, they welcome our new insect overlords.

DeSantis has like no populist appeal. He's just a surly performative jackass. With barely a shred of charisma.

I just can't see the MAGA base ever fully getting on board. Plus, I'm not even convinced he will run.

Back