• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

SundinsTooth

Leafs Moderator
Got any rapid tests on hand? I was able to get my hand on 8 of them from a neighborhood ambassador at our school. Before Ford shut it down...

There are so many colds going around right now....
 

Preston

AKA: Preston Fauci. Prestauci.
Got any rapid tests on hand? I was able to get my hand on 8 of them from a neighborhood ambassador at our school. Before Ford shut it down...

There are so many colds going around right now....
No idea where to find them outside of buying online. Wish I had some. Hoping it's a cold. Very possible. We haven't been out much lately so it's just a bit odd.
 

Preston

AKA: Preston Fauci. Prestauci.
Some brand new symptoms today for ol' Presto, though still mild. Kiddo doing well outside of a poopton of congestion, but he's got the same energy as he always has. Weird that we got our symptoms on the same day and Mrs. Presto is completely fine for now. I haven't been anywhere with the kiddo in the past week but he has been a few places, including the doctors with Mrs. Presto on Wednesday. I feel that if he caught it there, the timeline of getting symptoms on the same day makes little sense for covid (he'd be symptomatic days before me if that was the case). It makes a little more sense for a cold so hopefully that's all it is.

Tldr: I'm getting tested this morning and will find out by tomorrow I'm sure. You'll never understand the massive inconvenience and seething frustration of not have readily available rapid testing until you're in this situation. Get your shit together Canada/Ontario.

Presto's odds: 75% chance of cold, 25% chance of the vid.
 

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Staff member
Do they segregate healthy and sick kids at your pediatrician? Ours had two separate waiting rooms.
 

Preston

AKA: Preston Fauci. Prestauci.
Do they segregate healthy and sick kids at your pediatrician? Ours had two separate waiting rooms.
Nah but I was told they went into the doctor's office almost right as they got there but as they were leaving they were met with a coughing child. Mrs. Presto believes that could have been the culprit.

Backtracing this shit is exhausting. When I caught it last year it was probably the week where I was the lowest risk of catching jack shit. I barely went anywhere. This week is similar.. we did have a small family gathering Friday night (they begged us to come for my nephew's birthday, we usually avoid those). We were likely superspreaders there which is ungood. Symptoms came for both of us the next morning so we already had something before the gathering.
 

trujaysfan

Well-known member
The colds are going to be real this year. 20% of the wives school was out sick 2 last week.

I caught a cold from her and lied to get a pcr test done based on the advice of a doctor friend.

Cant believe they removed sore throat from the testing symptoms
 

Preston

AKA: Preston Fauci. Prestauci.
Tested! Now we wait. I'm still on team cold but as soon as a fever hits any of us I'll change my tune. Or if I lose my taste.
 

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Staff member
Tested! Now we wait. I'm still on team cold but as soon as a fever hits any of us I'll change my tune. Or if I lose my taste.
That'll be hard, you never had any in the first place.


 

Preston

AKA: Preston Fauci. Prestauci.
1. I'm negative bitches. Annoying cold tho. First cold since February 2020. Symptoms are worse than my covid experience.

2. https://www.reuters.com/business/he...tent&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

We're gonna get there. A lot of these treatments work in different ways so theoretically it's possible that if used together we can cut back on severe disease even more. This one seems similar to Regeneron so it's likely we can use it alongside the oral antivirals and that may improve the end result even further in the end. Administered via injection so logistically not ideal but the more treatments the better. Only way to move forward with regular life is to vaccinate + find treatments that defang the fuck out of the virus and scale significantly so they're available for all + wide access to at home rapid testing. This is a great start.

About time Canada starts using one of these treatments tho.. we're still not using Regeneron right?
 
Last edited:
Top