• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

I feel like I'm in a different world than you guys. When I go out everybody is social distancing and wearing masks when indoors.

It's mixed for me. I've definitely noticed people being more casual with the distancing as time goes on. That is not debatable for me. But I get it in some ways. Case numbers are about 5-6 times lower than they were with like 3-4 times the testing.

There are some places I go and you wouldn't be able to tell it's a pandemic. Zero fucks given.

Well we have 100s of thousands recoveries....do we know if this is true? What kind of rates?
Rates likely not too dissimilar to other viruses. Viruses have fucked people up permanently forever. Anecdotal, but I have two family members that suffered permanent organ damage from random viruses about 10-15 years ago and neither were particularly old. Covid happens to have a huge infection rate and is obviously worse than most viruses we've seen in recent times. This was always to be expected I think. Which is too bad.

yeah, that's pretty much the only way. Staggered start times, take temperatures before entry and any abnormal temperature gets isolated and tested immediately with immediate results.

That is of course, if temperature is a useful metric in accurately catching enough early infections to keep control in crowded indoor populations.

Ok wtf Ford

We are starting seeing teachers taking a year long sabbatical and are offering home schooling. Two teachers offered up their services for private schooling from K-3 already today.

They converted areas in their home to accommodate x number of children

Back