• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

Tests are up, but I think I remember seeing that % of positive cases is also going up too. So yeah, we're probably catching more cases now than we would have back in the first spike, so the fact that the numbers are about the same now as back then probably means it's not actually as bad, but absolutely we should be back to the full lockdown that had in the first wave and should absolutely not be re-opening things further.

IMO unless we experience very dramatic increases a full lockdown is a non starter. Targeted closures for set periods of time are more likely.

Forget corona. It can't be worse than waking up with a migraine on a day you can't eat or drink anything. Well, maybe it can, but today was so bad.

I went to get tested today and the whole process is tedious. Got there at 9am, left right before 1pm.

really? where did you get tested? I went in early summer and was in and out in 45 minutes maybe (Mississauga).

I went to the Montreal Jewish hospital and they had a kind of popup trailer next to the hospital where they'd administer the Covid testing. I understand that there's a certain amount of preparation required and some information that needs to be entered into a database to allow tracking & communication between them and the people tested, alonig with sanitary precautions, but this really shouldn't have taken 4 hours to do. There weren't a thousand people who got there before me either.

Testing centres in London are swamped with kids with runny noses. Apparently BC removed that symptom from the get tested list.

Took me 10 minutes to get my first test done, but I went when the numbers were pretty low. The second time I went was last week to confirm I'm negative and that took a bit longer... 30-45 minutes.

Testing centres in London are swamped with kids with runny noses. Apparently BC removed that symptom from the get tested list.

Ontario schools were supposed to have done so as well. It’s going to make daycares a nightmare in a few weeks n

Took me 10 minutes to get my first test done, but I went when the numbers were pretty low. The second time I went was last week to confirm I'm negative and that took a bit longer... 30-45 minutes.

Where did you go?

Did you make an appointment ?

Ontario schools were supposed to have done so as well. It’s going to make daycares a nightmare in a few weeks n
Actually I think the school is doing well. They're being very precautious and sending lots of kids home. It's just putting a strain on the system because the kids can't return until tested.

Where did you go?

Did you make an appointment ?
Mackenzie Health. Made an appointment the first time, but the line was like 5 people deep so it would have been quick regardless. No appointment the second time because it was a spontaneous decision. I wanted to go to a farmers market last weekend but I wanted to make sure I was negative first.

Actually I think the school is doing well. They're being very precautious and sending lots of kids home. It's just putting a strain on the system because the kids can't return until tested.
Or the kids can stay home for 14 days. IMO the schools are not sending enough kids home. Kids exposed to positive cases (same cohort) are tonstsy home for 14 days but the siblings can come to school still.

Back