• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

There is nothing this pandemic needs more than this baby to be effective. If this date is accurate we can expect health Canada approval in early February. And then Novavax coming in March most likely. I'm optimistic about both (moreso novavax) so hopefully they work well. Canada has both on order.

alberta down to 640 new cases today

so now if it goes back up in 10-14 days we can blame schools reopening

Still no results for me just called testing center and left a message. Anyone else ever had issues getting results (been 5 days now)

Still no results for me just called testing center and left a message. Anyone else ever had issues getting results (been 5 days now)
Not me personally, but a friend had a test because she had a sore throat, and the test result never came back. She isolated with her family for the full 10 days after symptoms went away. I guess they lost it.

Maybe go get tested again. The second one might come back faster.

Big. Anecdotally, I see some hesitancy based on how quickly the vaccines were approved. I get that. But most of the hesitant folks I know will absolutely eventually take it. Mother in law is a nurse and even she's hesitant and said she is "waiting" first. I don't really know what she is waiting for but at least she plans on getting it; I think a lot of people are in that boat. She already got covid so she likely at least has some immunity in the meantime.

Yeah, 5 days is nonsensical from what I understand. Took me under 24 hours, though testing has increased since then. Still think that's not a normal wait time though.

Called in to work on Friday, have to wait for a test to go back. Symptoms had cleared up (stomach), but still no call back for a test. I have some indemnity pay through work, but at this point I'll have lost 60 hours of work (Fri-Sun, Wed-Thurs), waiting for a test. Normally turn around has been pretty good here once you actually have a test though.

Yeah, I had a ton of issues getting mine, though that was a lifetime ago, back in March. Took me several days.

I tried calling the hospital where I got tested, telehealth and even called the lab directly. All I got was vague and conflicting promises on when and how I’d get my test results. And in the case of the lab, they flat out told me they’d only divulge my results to a medical doctor.

What finally broke the log jam for me is that I contacted my family doctor and asked if they could request the results, and my doctor‘s office got the results for me within 24 hours.

So if you’ve got a family doctor, I’d try asking them if they can lend a hand in getting your results.

Big. Anecdotally, I see some hesitancy based on how quickly the vaccines were approved. I get that. But most of the hesitant folks I know will absolutely eventually take it. Mother in law is a nurse and even she's hesitant and said she is "waiting" first. I don't really know what she is waiting for but at least she plans on getting it; I think a lot of people are in that boat. She already got covid so she likely at least has some immunity in the meantime.
once people see that life can return to normal and some peer pressure occurs i am confident all but the hardcore anti science ppl will get it - even in alberta

Back