• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

But does the first OR second dose work as well on the UK variant? Maybe that's the issue? We'll soon find out!!!!!!!!!

we still don't know if people that have been vacinated can spread the virus or not

More on Israel stats being underwhelming and the potential need for all of us to be aggressively stoned throughout 2021:

TLDR: It could be a lot of things, but like a lot of data we've seen over the past two weeks, I wish it was different data folks.

/positions

I truly hope you're right. The entire planet needs it to be.
I'm thinking normalcy comes when we actually try to tackle the virus and stop assuming vaccines will be the silver bullet. Vaccines (potentially updated ones) + nonpharmaceutical interventions like rapid testing + N95s for all = relative normalcy. It'll happen once the folks who make the decisions realize it's the only way out.

Target: early 2022.

Plus those vaccines aren't forever. They will likely be needed yearly. How many people that already don't want the vaccine do you think will continually get it yearly? I'm not optimistic.

Plus those vaccines aren't forever. They will likely be needed yearly. How many people that already don't want the vaccine do you think will continually get it yearly? I'm not optimistic.
Yeah it feels like too much has to go right for 2021 to be a relatively normal year. It'll obviously eventually happen. It could even happen this year in the end! We're learning on the fly about what this beast of a virus is capable of and will outsmart it in due time. But I think we're relying too heavily on vaccines at the moment. This is one we need to tackle at several angles using various means and it's a shame we haven't figured it out yet. But there will be adjustments if the vaccines don't get us completely out of it... Government officials are reactive after all, not proactive in the least.

Back