• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

I just booked plane tickets for a visit to Ontario in August. Not really thrilled with the prospect of flying but also have ailing family members I would like to see. Kinda feels like a no win situation. On the other hand, short of catching covid, I've done all I can to protect myself up to this point...

Regardless, as someone who used to consider catching a plane to be the equivalent to eating breakfast, not looking forward to really any part of the covid flying experience...

Regardless, as someone who used to consider catching a plane to be the equivalent to eating breakfast, not looking forward to really any part of the covid flying experience...

Amen. Probably sitting somewhere around 500 flights in my life now and I am in no fucking rush for 501.

I just booked plane tickets for a visit to Ontario in August. Not really thrilled with the prospect of flying but also have ailing family members I would like to see. Kinda feels like a no win situation. On the other hand, short of catching covid, I've done all I can to protect myself up to this point...

My brother thinks he caught it the day before he left NY. Everyone's tested on the flight so theoretically it should be aight. He shouldn't have been infectious on the flight that soon after infected.

I may triple or quadruple mask for the flights... thankfully the flight time is only about two hours each way, and Maritimers are a generally compliant bunch.

My parents just flew to Italy yesterday. Psychos considering their age and my dad's risk factors. I'll report back if they're still alive in a week.

Maybe I read it wrong, but I thought flights were relatively low danger spots

Maybe I read it wrong, but I thought flights were relatively low danger spots
I think the science agrees with you.

I don't think my subjective brain does though.

I haven't been in a self-contained indoor environment with that many strangers for that duration of time since the pandemic started. Hell, I basically try to avoid being unmasked indoors around anyone other than my wife. So it's more just reacclimatizing to sharing space with strangers (who, for the record, I do not trust at large...)

Yeah I'd be more afraid at an airport but even that may be irrational. But if you're fully vaxxed and everyone around you was tested 48 hours ago? Pretty good odds you're safe on the flight.

For my brain, it's all bout how crowded the plane is...which of course I wouldn't know until I hopped on. If I had my row to myself, I'd be pretty chill (with mask on of course)

For my brain, it's all bout how crowded the plane is...which of course I wouldn't know until I hopped on. If I had my row to myself, I'd be pretty chill (with mask on of course)
I am hoping wifey and I have a row to ourselves. But I find it offensive to pay additional fees for services that used to be standard feature (i.e. seat selection) so we are taking our chances!

I am hoping wifey and I have a row to ourselves. But I find it offensive to pay additional fees for services that used to be standard feature (i.e. seat selection) so we are taking our chances!

Yeah, I'm definitely not excited to be sitting 2 feet away from some rando for that long of a time. If you have your own row then it's not nearly so bad, since at least I don't have someone breathing down on me the whole flight.

even if you selected your seat, you can't control the possibility of the air carrier selling seats close to you

Depending where in Ontario you’re heading why not drive?

Back