• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Coronavirus Resources - and other things to not worry about

they're mostly all vaxxed, just old

Many of the ICU patients are not there because of covid. Surgeries that had been delayed the past couple of years are now figuring in to the filling up of ICUs across the country.

Last edited:
Purposely underfunding our healthcare system and blaming the Feds but idiot Ontarians voted him in again anyway.

This is what you get.
just like Mike Harris before him, it will likely take a decade or two of reasonable policy decisions to pull Ontario out of the hole dumbo dougie is digging

Covid has certainly put the spotlight on hospital underfunding but if the past is any indication politicians will make all kinds of promises during elections. But, overcrowding, long waits for tests, surgery and ER waits etc. have been for years and will likely remain. I have no faith that much will change. I have yet to hear any creative measures from politicians to correct this long time and ongoing situation.

C’mon, that’s just pure bullshit.

Not underspending by billions on health care and education during a global pandemic doesn’t require any creativity.

Don’t do this bothsides stuff.

Was provided a huge chunk of money by the feds to avoid just this type of scenario as well.

Could have trained, hired, and protected a fuckload of nurses for that much

They massively overhauled the health system, including funding flows and regional oversight, when they formed Ontario health in 2018. Bad luck with the pandemic occurring so soon after, but no excuses-the mess is theirs.

of our three different office units in the building here, one office is completely empty save for one person (who had covid a couple weeks ago); and the other office has I want to say 50% of normal; and the main one (mine) is at 100%!

all absences I believe are covid-related...

Back