• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: ForumIce's list of all things useful

The best right now seems to be to use Hola and put it like you are browsing from colombia. Then go to www.canalrcn.com and look for senal vivo (live feed) it's on some colombian comedy show but they have that the fight is on at 10:00 (there time) which is 11 here. The line up that I've been watching has been exactly what they are saying... (who wants to be a millionaire, comedy show and then the fight)
http://www.canalrcn.com/streamingrcn you have to be using hola to make it like you are in columbia.

The mexican one is working as well, they are showing the undercards but it doesn't look good.

http://www.onlinetv.planetfools.com/tvenvivo/azteca-7-tv-en-vivo.php hola from mexico or your vpn

the columbian one is out... it looked the best but I can't get it. I do have it on boxazteca doesn't look the best but it's on

Anyone using Smoothstreams? Apparently you get all sports for like $120 a year.

If so... what are your thoughts and can you send me an invite?

Anyone using Smoothstreams? Apparently you get all sports for like $120 a year.

If so... what are your thoughts and can you send me an invite?
Every since hockeystreams was taken down mid season I'm kinda wary of these kinds of services.

Good point. The good think about this service is that it's $40 every 3 months. So I guess it's actually $160 a year. But at least if it goes down part way through you aren't out the entire shot.

I think I'm just going to build a kodi box and see where that gets me this year. Centre ice is priced ridiculously, **** cable, and I don't intend on being an early adopter for a new service that may or may not be selling my credit card information to North Koreans

I think I'm just going to build a kodi box and see where that gets me this year. Centre ice is priced ridiculously, **** cable, and I don't intend on being an early adopter for a new service that may or may not be selling my credit card information to North Koreans

lol, Yep. Especially something named "smoothstreams".

What do you mean build a kodi box? You mean buy one? If you do know how to build one that's pretty awesome. :)

There are usually enough streams out there and if it gets to playoffs and we're in it, i'll buy a playoff package(in case there are no HD streams out there).

lol, Yep. Especially something named "smoothstreams".

What do you mean build a kodi box? You mean buy one? If you do know how to build one that's pretty awesome. :)

Nah, just take a desktop computer with an HDMI output and install Kodi on it and use it as a dedicated Kodi machine. To get a decent used or refurb desktop with a HDMI output would run about 200 bucks, 6 bucks for a HDMI cable, plug in a wireless mouse and done.

There are usually enough streams out there and if it gets to playoffs and we're in it, i'll buy a playoff package(in case there are no HD streams out there).

Yeah that's more or less where I'm at with it. If the Leafs are competitive, I'll consider doing what I do with the Jays and just pay for the official online streaming service when they drop rates closer to the end of the year and then buy the playoff package.

I would really like to see the leagues sort their shit out and start offering team specific packages for a reasonable price. I don't need all the games, and I have little desire to pay for all the games. I need all the Leaf games. Ask me to pony up 99 bucks for that and I'd strongly consider it if every game was HD.

Yeah that's more or less where I'm at with it. If the Leafs are competitive, I'll consider doing what I do with the Jays and just pay for the official online streaming service when they drop rates closer to the end of the year and then buy the playoff package.

I would really like to see the leagues sort their shit out and start offering team specific packages for a reasonable price. I don't need all the games, and I have little desire to pay for all the games. I need all the Leaf games. Ask me to pony up 99 bucks for that and I'd strongly consider it if every game was HD.
Yep. Even if HD grey market/illegal streams were readily available, if the NHL actually offered a reasonably priced Leaf streaming option, I'd jump all over that.

The catch, as always, would be for the NHL to not continue to tell in-market streamers that their options are:

1) Sign up for an expensive, bloated cable TV/Satellite package.
2) Go **** themselves.

I fear that there are too many cable TV providers involved in NHL ownership for this to happen anytime soon, though. They're all still hanging on to the fantasy that they're somehow going to be able to blackmail the cord cutters into signing back on to their obsolete business model.

Last edited:
Yep. Even if HD grey market/illegal streams were readily available, if the NHL actually offered a reasonably priced Leaf streaming option, I'd jump all over that.

The catch, as always, would be for the NHL to not continue to tell in-market streamers that their options are:

1) Sign up for an expensive, bloated cable TV/Satellite package.
2) Go **** themselves.

I fear that there are too many cable TV providers involved in NHL ownership for this to happen anytime soon, though. They're all still hanging on to the fantasy that they're somehow going to be able to blackmail the cord cutters into signing back on to their obsolete business model.

I guess what kills me though, is that MLB is way deeper into the pockets of cable companies than the NHL is, and MLB.TV is offered in app form with every game available for 109 bucks. You don't need cable, and the cost is reasonable. Wait until mid way through the season and they start throwing pretty crazy offers at you. 39 bucks for July onward, I paid 9.99 a few weeks ago to snag the rest of the season on MLB.TV

All of this while regional sports networks are paying billions of dollars for local broadcasting rights.

Nah, just take a desktop computer with an HDMI output and install Kodi on it and use it as a dedicated Kodi machine. To get a decent used or refurb desktop with a HDMI output would run about 200 bucks, 6 bucks for a HDMI cable, plug in a wireless mouse and done.

Get a keyboard with built in trackpad. Much better. Kodi remote app on smartphone and tablet works well too.

Back