• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

LeafOfFaith

Chrichton's work really only laid out the concept.

The rest is pure original stuff. And it's a Nolan production, very clearly so.

the_undead

Jackets & Baseball/Soccer Mod
Into_the_Storm_2014_film.jpg

I know this has been out for quite some time, but I just caught it on tv today. Holy shit was this a huge pile of garbage. So full of plot holes, horrible acting, predictability, and just utter bullshit. If you haven't seen this movie by now... don't waste your time.

number17

Mod Squad
So I finally caught up with Westworld and finished it over the weekend ... I heard it was compared to GoT by some journalists so it was a bit of a letdown.

It has an interesting plot (but not AS innovative after I learnt that it is based on a 60's movie which had a similar plot) ... good acting but kinda slow pace, and the 'big revelation' didn't really wow me either. It is a decent series, and I'd say it's 10 hrs well spent but is it a great tv series? ... let's say I don't even look forward to season 2 THAT much

LeafGm

I liked it a good deal better than Force Awakens, actually.
Yeah, me too. Force Awakens was fun at times, but mostly it felt like a really lazily-written, shot-by-shot remake of "A New Hope", with some really horribly cringy characters as well. Rogue One by comparison, even though you had a good idea of how it was going to end, was a much more original story with more engaging characters.

worm

Yeah, me too. Force Awakens was fun at times, but mostly it felt like a really lazily-written, shot-by-shot remake of "A New Hope", with some really horribly cringy characters as well. Rogue One by comparison, even though you had a good idea of how it was going to end, was a much more original story with more engaging characters.

I feel the opposite with this. When stuff happened (are we still hiding spoilers?) I did not care.

Which is why I was not a big fan.

It was okay.

worm

Finally watched Black Mirror.

So good. A few weaker episodes but overall pretty awesome.

I think Nosedive and White Christmas were the best IMO.

zeke

It wasn't perfect - there were some characters with great potential that didn't really reach it, which makes it fall short of what made the originals so great. But enough of them did (most particularly Rogue herself) that it really worked for me.

worm

The one thing it did for me is make me wish they would just remake episodes 1-3.

If there were done like this it would have been awesome.

SundinsTooth

Leafs Moderator
If they scrapped the prequels and just called them a bad dream I would be all in. That origin story for Anakin would be so good in the right hands.

MyNameIsJonas

Anyone here catch Demolition last year?

I'm finding it very good and think i might be a big Jake Gyllenhall fan (Prince of Persia gets a pass)

leafman101

Yeah I loved Rogue One. Thought it was a better movie than Force Awakens. Didn't have to rely on nostalgia as much. The robot was hilarious.

My only problem was Ben Mendhelson and Mads Mikkelsson look the same.

BG

I need to see it again, but I walked out of the IMAX/3D showing with a mixed review.

Felt like the story was pretty thinly plotted, or at least plotted like a video game.