• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Habspatrol

Administrator
Staff member
Frankly, I never "got" Leno. To me, he was just a safe corporate choice. I also didn't really like Letterman, funny enough, because I don't find his quirky schtick all that amusing. I think Carson (before my time, but still see videos) was my kind of guy, and of the contemporaries, I think Conan was far and away the best, but they crushed his soul with the Tonight Show clawback and he didn't have a chance buried on TBS. I do think Kimmel and Fallon are both watchable, but I don't love either too much. I think Seth Meyers is vomit-inducing and James Corden similarly nauseating.

TLDR - Carson/Conan >> Kimmel/Fallon/Letterman >> Leno >> Watching dogshit decompose >> Meyers/Corden
Fallon in the same group as Letterman is criminal. Letterman belongs at the front of that group and Fallon at the end.

Letterman >> Conan/Kimmel >>>>>>> who cares.

Preston

AKA: Preston Fauci. Prestauci.
Fallon does more of a variety show where dancing and lip synching is passed off as comedy. It's a bit weird to me quite frankly. I've never seen people cackle so hard over lips being moved.

LeafOfFaith

Fallon in the same group as Letterman is criminal. Letterman belongs at the front of that group and Fallon at the end.

Letterman >> Conan/Kimmel >>>>>>> who cares.
I know there is this reverence for Letterman. I really never got it. Not even in his prime or in his later years. I mean, the Top Ten List was probably the perfect encapsulation of his comedy. If you found that funny, I guess you found him funny. But I thought it was the least funny shit out there, couldn't even believe they did it every night. Not my cup of tea.

And Kimmel doesn't belong in the same category as Conan. He's definitely a notch below.

LeafOfFaith

I think Fallon is likeable. It's like watching your sweet but goofy little brother barely interview celebrities.

He's also pretty talented, moreso for a sketch show like SNL than talk format like Late Night, but a talented guy nonetheless.

Habspatrol

Administrator
Staff member
I know there is this reverence for Letterman. I really never got it. Not even in his prime or in his later years. I mean, the Top Ten List was probably the perfect encapsulation of his comedy. If you found that funny, I guess you found him funny. But I thought it was the least funny shit out there, couldn't even believe they did it every night. Not my cup of tea.

And Kimmel doesn't belong in the same category as Conan. He's definitely a notch below.
The first part is rubbish, but on second thought you're probably right about Conan/Kimmel. Kimmel is a legitimately hilarious guy, Conan is just the better performer and has the edge.

Letterman >> Conan > Kimmel >>>>>>> who cares.

Habspatrol

Administrator
Staff member
I think Fallon is likeable. It's like watching your sweet but goofy little brother barely interview celebrities.

He's also pretty talented, moreso for a sketch show like SNL than talk format like Late Night, but a talented guy nonetheless.
Fallon is uber-talented. He's just cringe worthy and fake laughs at himself and pretty much everything.

He's definitely a likeable guy too.

LeafOfFaith

Fallon is uber-talented. He's just cringe worthy and fake laughs at himself and pretty much everything.

He's definitely a likeable guy too.
Yeah, he does do the fake-looking thing, but I think that's some sort of defense mechanism that is part of his personality. Any time you hear any other celeb talk about him, they always comment on what a positive upbeat guy he is and all that. I think he's just one of those giggly types that comes off as phony, but it's just the way he is in real life. I mean, how many SNL skits did he laugh through while he was there?

LeafOfFaith

The first part is rubbish, but on second thought you're probably right about Conan/Kimmel. Kimmel is a legitimately hilarious guy, Conan is just the better performer and has the edge.

Letterman >> Conan > Kimmel >>>>>>> who cares.
I don't really understand the rubbish comment. I'm saying, if you like the what I think is totally unfunny top 10 list, then he's your guy. If not, then you probably aren't so amused like me.

Habspatrol

Administrator
Staff member
I don't really understand the rubbish comment. I'm saying, if you like the what I think is totally unfunny top 10 list, then he's your guy. If not, then you probably aren't so amused like me.
It's rubbish that you thought it was the least funny stuff out there. Obviously everyone has a different sense of humor... but yours is rubbish.