• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Yeah...which fucking bars are you going to as a wealthy actor where concern about fist fights is a legit thing? I remember being in my early 20's and getting into bar fights, but that shit dries up in a hurry as you get a bit older unless you're a twat who goes looking for it.

If you like dick Daniel, that's fine, it's 2021.
So only poor people act like assholes once they have a few drinks? Whatever bar Craig frequents and however posh and high end it might be, there's always going to be some douchebag wanting to make a name for himself, probably with his friend recording the incident on a phone.

And that begs another question. In 2021 is there a bar, gay or straight, where a worldwide celebrity like Daniel Craig could make out with someone in a bar, male or female, and have it not get posted on social media within seconds of it occurring? I very much doubt it.

See Lies and Videotape was a solid debut.

Traffic imo was a bit of a masterpiece.

Some other solid ones.

But overall he's well respected imo because he brought some unique techniques to directing (which of course have been heavily copied since) but are on full display in a flick like Traffic.
The original British miniseries "Traffik" was better than the movie remake but then again most British adaptations tend to be better than US versions, even with lower budgets, simply because they are written and produced for adults, not teenagers.

His best 3 in my opinion, are The Limey, The Informant!, and The Laundromat. The Oceans franchise I find to be a huge bore. Those films are so formulaic that any film school grad could do them.
He now makes movies we are supposed to love because he gets some big name actors and there's lots of complex dialogue. But in the end, you don't give a shit about any of the characters or any of the plot.
Ocean's movies were VERY boring. And that should never happen with a film that is supposed to be a big heist, fun, franchise film. That Julia Roberts joke in Ocean's 12 might be the most arrogant thing I have ever seen in a film. To make it worse, I saw all the actors promoting the film and hyping up how brilliant it was and patting themselves on the back. Those movies should have been like the Smokey and the Bandit movies. Where Burt got all his buddies, winked and were almost laughing at their jokes on camera.(Even the 1st cannonball run film).

He now makes movies we are supposed to love because he gets some big name actors and there's lots of complex dialogue. But in the end, you don't give a shit about any of the characters or any of the plot.
Ocean's movies were VERY boring. And that should never happen with a film that is supposed to be a big heist, fun, franchise film. That Julia Roberts joke in Ocean's 12 might be the most arrogant thing I have ever seen in a film. To make it worse, I saw all the actors promoting the film and hyping up how brilliant it was and patting themselves on the back. Those movies should have been like the Smokey and the Bandit movies. Where Burt got all his buddies, winked and were almost laughing at their jokes on camera.(Even the 1st cannonball run film).
Smokey and the Bandit is soooo much more entertaining than these Oceans movies. Even the original Oceans 11 with the Rat Pack was great despite being somewhat dated now. I don't think the cast members of the new Oceans franchise are as buddy buddy as the Rat Pack were or Burt and his cronies were and that shows through on the screen. Nobody looked like they were having that much fun.

Smokey and the Bandit is soooo much more entertaining than these Oceans movies. Even the original Oceans 11 with the Rat Pack was great despite being somewhat dated now. I don't think the cast members of the new Oceans franchise are as buddy buddy as the Rat Pack were or Burt and his cronies were and that shows through on the screen. Nobody looked like they were having that much fun.
Yep. When you make a heist film with so many movie stars, make it fun. I know "Boring" is considered a bad word with movie reviews, but damn. A film like that deserves being called dull and boring.

Hope that's not its funniest scene.
Not even close, though I am sure people will have lots of different ideas...for me, watching Cartman "stealth" his way in front of everybody naked because he is sure his ninja skills are working is my favourite moment.
It's like a few seconds, but pure gold.

The original British miniseries "Traffik" was better than the movie remake but then again most British adaptations tend to be better than US versions, even with lower budgets, simply because they are written and produced for adults, not teenagers.

this is silly hipster talk.

Traffik obviously has the advantage of a much longer running time to delve into the plot matter further, but they're not even comparable viewing experiences, and preferring the series just means you could care less about cinematography, acting, sound editing, and most of what goes into movie production.

so Y the Last Man got cancelled....perhaps the showrunners anger and contempt towards men did not resonate with audiences as much as they thought it would.

Back