• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Bleedsblue&white

I think it was a mistake to be unclear that this is part one.
I'm fine, happy actually...it wasn't a long book but as I understand there is lots of detail so a fanboy like me should be happy...but the end can be jarring and a little warning might help them.

JackBurton

Halloween Kills is passable Horror sequel to watch on Halloween. Never did on movies that pick-up right at the time the first one ends. Didn't work good in the oroginal sequel in 81'.

BG

Bond flick was ... alright.

The first 30mins or so were brilliant (and the trailer really sets you up for a couple of the pay-offs), but then it really slows down, and the story drags until the final act. The story, as well as the sets/locations really were a throwback to earlier Bond films.

JackBurton

Bond flick was ... alright.

The first 30mins or so were brilliant (and the trailer really sets you up for a couple of the pay-offs), but then it really slows down, and the story drags until the final act. The story, as well as the sets/locations really were a throwback to earlier Bond films.
Haven't seen it but that running time prepares me for it to drag.

LeafGm

Yeah, Dune in IMAX was pretty great.

I wish they’d filmed the whole thing in one go like Peter Jackson did with the LOTR trilogy, because it’d be a crime if part 2 of the story never gets made.

zeke

The fact that Dune pt.1 is off to a good box office start in spite of a simultaneous streaming release is a hopeful sign.

But I won’t count my eggs until they’re chickened.

tbh I was shocked by how low Dune's budget was. only $165m. plus marketing of course.

I think they're on track to make all their money back by the end of the week.

and I would guess they're looking at all sorts of potential spin offs on all platforms.

LeafOfFaith

You must be a bit older than me, because I can't recall it ever being on the air.

Maybe I caught it once or twice? I can't even remember. But I definitely don't remember it even being on after the age of 6 or so.

LeafOfFaith

Michael Bay and all, so tough to believe it will come through as quality when the dust settles, but kinda loving that Ambulance trailer with Gyllenhall.

LeafOfFaith

I remember wanting to watch it because it had a live action Spiderman segment, but could never find it.

I can't recall how I even knew that - probably saw it advertised on the back of a comic book.

Little did I know - till YouTube revealed it many years later - that Spidey didn't speak and it was complete garbage. In retrospect, it seems so odd that they didn't have him talk. I can only imagine that for some reason they couldn't get the rights to have him speak from Marvel? Otherwise it made no sense.