• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

I think this is probably a thing with many shows. And it's probably a good idea to not follow shows through to the end.

Lots and lots of shows have a great original concept and story that can carry a season. But then they have to develop pretty much sequels to that first season, and like with movies, sequels rarely hold up to the original.

Game of Thrones had a bunch of good seasons, but only because they had a bunch of good books to go on. As soon as the books ran out it sucked.

Better Call Saul is one that seems to actually be getting better as it goes along, albeit with some missteps along the way.

I felt this way about The Blacklist. Since it was getting some decent buzz all along the way, I tried it for like 10 episodes and saw that while I liked the concept, it was pure formula every episode. New lame villain who Spader knew or had some relationship with, he helps capture him, and rinse and repeat next episode. Dropped it like a hot potato.

BCS I know must get good once it gets going, but I was having trouble staying awake the first few episodes and then just didn't bother for a bit, so now if I want to start again I have to watch those first few episodes again and so it feels daunting. I have to do it though.

The best thing to do with Dexter is watch it up to the end of the season with John Lithgow, and then pretend the show ended there.

Up until then it was a fantastic show.

That's how I feel about GOT. Best show ever until the final season. If the Night King just showed up randomly at the end of the prior season for a showdown and they killed him and it ended, I'd have been a million times more satisfied than what actually happened, which ruined what was on its way to becoming a masterpiece.

i liked dexter but is was always pretty out there
season 1: ice truck killer (aka his brother) - based on the book
season 2: bay harbour butcher - doakes vs dexter

really this is probably where it should have stopped

season 3: skinner - johnny smits - very bad season
season 4: trinity killer - john lithgow - the rita death was really good
season 5: lumen aka julia styles - i actually have no idea what this was about
season 6: doomsday killer - tom hanks kid - bad season
season 7: russian mobster
season 8: lumberjack - i actually didnt mind the ending but the season was bad

really i see season 1 and 2 as good

season 4 is also good

the rest is pretty bad

That's how I feel about GOT. Best show ever until the final season. If the Night King just showed up randomly at the end of the prior season for a showdown and they killed him and it ended, I'd have been a million times more satisfied than what actually happened, which ruined what was on its way to becoming a masterpiece.
GoT really struggled when they didnt have the books to guide it
also did not help that the big reveal of jon not being ned's kid was known by book readers for a decade

but the first 5 seasons are the best thing TV has ever done

i still find this funny about season 8

Back