• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

GoT should have had one season for the night king
- even still have arya win but have it build up much better were she is using all her new skills to get to that point

and another for the throne
- have dany slowly undo all she had done for 'the people" as she drifts into "burn them all" / mad king territory

sadly it looks like the books are never going to be done

Suffice it to say, it was rushed and what they did in the abbreviated schedule did a total injustice to all of the characters and the stories.

Went from a 12/10 to a 1/10. It was that bad. Like I found not an iota of value in the final season. It only burned down the house the previous seasons so carefully and artfully built up.

That's how I feel about GOT. Best show ever until the final season. If the Night King just showed up randomly at the end of the prior season for a showdown and they killed him and it ended, I'd have been a million times more satisfied than what actually happened, which ruined what was on its way to becoming a masterpiece.

It is pretty amazing to think back to what a massive pop culture phenomenon that show had become as it was approaching its final seasons.

Then, the show-runners botched the ending so badly that they killed the franchise.

And though the final season was the most egregiously bad, the quality of the show had been dropping well before then. I always thought this meme was the best representation of that...

488142CA-BB24-46B8-8023-80DACCC620C0.jpeg

Hot take: Season 4 would have been very mediocre to downright bad if it wasn't for John Lithgow. Don't think the writing was great that season. The show was never the same since Season 2. Season 3 was trash, Lithgow simply hid the flaws in the 4th season and then after that it was a write-off.
Think season 2 is the end of when it was based on the books? Or maybe season 3

The best thing to do with Dexter is watch it up to the end of the season with John Lithgow, and then pretend the show ended there.

Up until then it was a fantastic show.
This is exactly what I did. Took a lengthy break after that to watch other stuff, and by the time I went back it was off Netflix. Still feels like unfinished business, though.

So I’ve been watching Raised by Wolves and I’m still waiting for Ragnar Lothbrok to go all Viking. When’s it happening?

Back