• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

I've been watching Goliath lately. It's okay but has some, uh, stereotyping issues.

The second season is pretty good but they lace in this completely unnecessary narrative about this cartel guy amputating body parts. The final scene is just stupid gore that does nothing but try to shock. Of course, all Mexicans are tied to the bloodthirsty cartel and/or "gangbangers."

Started off great, got pretty aimless there in the middle, then turned it back up near the end...and left me wanting to see the next season.

Started off great, got pretty aimless there in the middle, then turned it back up near the end...and left me wanting to see the next season.
The pointless part was character growth of Mother and Caleb. It was tolerable but yeah, low points.

Anyone watching Discovery?

Was gonna start season 3. Just wondering.

Last edited:
We did a 7 day free trail of the app "Britbox" on Roku. It's only $6.99 USD.

First of all, it has every episode of Doctor Who, so it's worth the money just for that.

We found an absolute gem on there though. "Mum" is a brilliant comedy series. Only 3 seasons with 6 episodes 25-30 minutes each.

"There She Goes" is another excellent dramedy series on there. Starring David Tennent, who is maybe my favorite actor. It can be a tough watch, it's a bout a family raising a young girl with severe mental disabilities. It's quite funny and heartwarming.

The Good Lord Bird has been entertaining.. it feels like a mix of Deadwood and The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. Ethan Hawke channeling his best crazy Mel Gibson impression (and beard).

Back