• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Anyone finish or watch alot of For All Mankind on appletv?
The wife and I watched the first few episode....I like it, but I'm not totally driven to pick up again.

Anyone finish or watch alot of For All Mankind on appletv?
The wife and I watched the first few episode....I like it, but I'm not totally driven to pick up again.

I've been planning to check it out.

I'm really into near-future (or I guess in this show's case, near-past) shows or movies that take place in space and make an attempt at scientific realism, so this show seems like it'd be in my wheelhouse. The alternate history angle is interesting too.

yeah, I don't get that assessment of ep 8
spoilers...

it made zero sense to me that Omni man went from somebody who cared about his kid, waited ages for him to get his powers then in 2 seconds decided to kick his ass - he was worried about what his wife thought through 7 episodes and then suddenly she is a POS - this is season 8 of GoT bad - sure they tried to kinda shorta walk it back at the end - if he doesnt care about his family why did he care for 7 episodes? for the gotcha - soooooo bad

spoilers...

it made zero sense to me that Omni man went from somebody who cared about his kid, waited ages for him to get his powers then in 2 seconds decided to kick his ass - he was worried about what his wife thought through 7 episodes and then suddenly she is a POS - this is season 8 of GoT bad - sure they tried to kinda shorta walk it back at the end - if he doesnt care about his family why did he care for 7 episodes? for the gotcha - soooooo bad

I mean, the first scene in episode 1 was setting Omni Man up as the villain. If you ignore that he killed the Avengers in scene 1, everything else you said makes some level of sense.

What was wrong with GOT isn't that Dany turned heel, it's that she went from face to heel in roughly 12 minutes, something something mad queen. We've known Omni man was up to some shit since literally the 1st scene of the series.

They've also showed him doing some seriously un-super heroish shit the entire series. Destroying civilizations for pissing him off, quietly threatening supposed old friends (the tailor), one shotting humans that are of absolutely no threat to him, etc, etc. It's not like he was Clark Kent and went psycho, they've left a ton of bread crumbs to follow this entire season.

Invincible
that part is fine, but the issue wasn't him being the villain. It was the way he treated his family. Sorta the opposite of what you said... Why was he good to them? And then suddenly full Dany towards his family

Invincible
that part is fine, but the issue wasn't him being the villain. It was the way he treated his family. Sorta the opposite of what you said... Why was he good to them? And then suddenly full Dany towards his family

I think he explained the shift in his motivations pretty well honestly. It's not that he's not fond of them, it's that he's a faithful servant of his empire who is trusted with an important job, believes in it, etc. Likes/loves his wife but sees her as a means to an end (creating more viltrumites) that he knows he'll watch get old and die.

And he didn't go full Dany, he actually leaves his post (unheard of for a viltrumite according to Allen) because he couldn't bring himself to kill Mark. Wailed on Mark trying to get him to come around to his way of thinking.

Honestly, I think you misunderstand the character's nature, motivations, etc if you arrive where you have with him. He's not human and doesn't have humanity centric motivations.

my bad, didn't catch that for his species attempted murder was for motivation :p

It is fine though. You could make the leap that turning on a dime was okay, I couldn't

It's okay to admit that you don't get it.
I admit I'm wrong all the time. I'm elite at that.

maybe I don't get it but the answer was never cause he was a bad guy as you and Jonas seem to think was the issue. That wasn't hidden... the issue was the instant 180 with his family.

If the answer is because his planet requires him to build up his son and that he thought beating up his son was going to change the kid that didn't want to give up a girl to be a super hero then fine but that doesn't do it for me.

His motive for killing the "avengers" was fine btw. No problem there.

Back