• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Movies/TV Shows

Little Alex Horne!

Yeah, I got into a big kick with it last summer. A few seasons aren't as good, as I think some of them play too much for the laughs than actually trying to complete the tasks. But there's some great moments in all of them

He keeps coming up with ideas, every cast has people I end up liking, even the way he sets up the order of things...and then he plays the fool the entire time.

So I saw Tenet this morning. First off, it was SUPER difficult to make out half the dialogue of the movie. All muffled, mumbles, and talking about confusing fucking shit. Second, confusing fucking shit! I kept stopping and rewinding to relisten (and rehear) what they were saying, to figure out what the hell was going on, maybe adding another 30 minutes to the 2.5 hour movie. Naturally, a visually stunning and really interesting movie, but I honestly have no idea if it all flows and makes sense. Just on a general level, it was tough to absorb how exactly the inversion works when they're interacting with real time (like when the protagonist fights "someone" in the turnstile, how are they even interacting if one is moving forwards and the other is moving backwards - and why is he trying to kill "him"??). Some stuff is also just too paradoxical to compute - like if the protagonist dies in the opera without the aid of the guy he sent back in the future, how does he ever get to the future initially? I may consult some YouTube vids to see how much more clarity they can provide, but I do think the complexity was unnecessarily amplified by the convoluted script and inaudible dialogue.

Last edited:
So I saw Tenet this morning. First off, it was SUPER difficult to make out half the dialogue of the movie. All muffled, mumbles, and talking about confusing fucking shit. Second, confusing fucking shit! I kept stopping and rewinding to relisten (and rehear) what they were saying, to figure out what the hell was going on, maybe adding another 30 minutes to the 2.5 hour movie. Naturally, a visually stunning and really interesting movie, but I honestly have no idea if it all flows and makes sense. Just on a general level, it was tough to absorb how exactly the inversion works when they're interacting with real time (like when the protagonist fights "someone" in the turnstile, how are they even interacting if one is moving forwards and the other is moving backwards - and why is he trying to kill "him"??). Some stuff is also just too paradoxical to compute - like if the protagonist dies in the opera without the aid of the guy he sent back in the future, how does he ever get to the future initially? I may consult some YouTube vids to see how much more clarity they can provide, but I do think the complexity was unnecessarily amplified by the convoluted script and inaudible dialogue.
I too was too dumb to comprehend what was happening.

What’s this one about?
When two children go missing in a small German town, its sinful past is exposed along with the double lives and fractured relationships that exist among four families as they search for the kids. The mystery-drama series introduces an intricate puzzle filled with twists that includes a web of curious characters, all of whom have a connection to the town's troubled history -- whether they know it or not. The story includes supernatural elements that tie back to the same town in 1986. "Dark" represents the first German original series produced for Netflix.

It's German so it requires being ok with watching that but yeah, good show.

Only watched the 1st episode of Dark (which was pretty good), ended up moving onto something else but it sounds like i should go back and watch the rest.

Yeah, I’m a big fan of the TV series and the books, though I think the TV series has declined in quality somewhat the past season or two. Still very much worth watching.

The books are even better, and the ninth and final book of the series is due to come out this fall.

Back