• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: NFL Thread

GGpX

The old one seems to have disappeared and I can't find it anywhere.

Oh well.

Happy Kirk Cousins won, especially in New Orleans.

Seriously, though... The NFL's overtime rule might be one of the dumbest rules in all of sports.

Total crap rule it’s like OT in hockey where one team can’t pass center for 10 minutes

No, that's a terrible analogy. Imagine hockey removing the faceoff to start overtime and replacing it with a coin flip, with one team deciding who gets to start with the puck behind their net.

Total dogshit rule. People here like the make fun of the CFL (Which is 1,000x better than the NCAA football), but their Overtime rules are perfect.

No, that's a terrible analogy. Imagine hockey removing the faceoff to start overtime and replacing it with a coin flip, with one team deciding who gets to start with the puck behind their net.

Total dogshit rule. People here like the make fun of the CFL (Which is 1,000x better than the NCAA football), but their Overtime rules are perfect.

Yup it was a shit analogy , couldnt think of anything else :geek:

I'd say a better analogy would be if the NHL shootout rules were that they flip a coin on who gets to shoot first... and if they score, it's game over.

Not really. Shootouts are always one play, score or stop. There's no other possible outcome. The NFL still requires the team that wins the cointoss to cross the field against the opposing team's defense to score. They could just as easily get a 3 & out and punt.

Anyway, long story short, the rule sucks.

Saints-Vikings Post season trilogy complete after 2009 BountyGate and 2018 Minneapolis Miracle. Incidentally, in 2009, it was the Saints who won the OT toss and kicked a FG for the victory. The league changed the rule so that the first team with possession needed a TD for the victory, a mere FG affords the other team a chance. The league might change the rule yet again.

Wild Card week was strange. All four games were low scoring with an emphasis on running the ball and D. Basically, a Mike Zimmer wet dream X 4.

Not really. Shootouts are always one play, score or stop. There's no other possible outcome. The NFL still requires the team that wins the cointoss to cross the field against the opposing team's defense to score. They could just as easily get a 3 & out and punt.

Anyway, long story short, the rule sucks.
Well yeah... it's a different sport so it there's no exact analogy.

The old one seems to have disappeared and I can't find it anywhere.

Oh well.

Happy Kirk Cousins won, especially in New Orleans.

Seriously, though... The NFL's overtime rule might be one of the dumbest rules in all of sports.

Has a Viking Fan (I know I have issues, it just boils down to high school, I liked their logo), it was sweat to win it against New Orleans.

I absolutely agree that the overtime rule should be changed. I think the closest analogy we could make with Hockey is if when OT started, there was a coin toss and who ever won starts OT in PP with a draw in the other team zone's. If you kill it, you get your own PP. Still gives who ever won the toss a 20% higher chance of winning the game than the other team. All of this decided by a coin toss.

So Kansas City - Tennessee, Green Bay - San Fran.

Part of me would really like to see Tennessee win the Super Bowl, just see all the chaos it would create.

The officiating yesterday was pretty bad in several games. Bass made a field goal that went directly above the upright only to have it called wide. They replayed it several times and the Referee commentator (seravelli I think) was baffled by the call too.

Nice phantom offensive pass interference call against the Cowboys to decide the game. Seriously?

We didn't deserve to win the game and the interception we had should have been called back. I can't say we got screwed.

Back