• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: Post Corona - What Will Change?

Habsy

Yes, I'm kidding people.
Yeah because we need another Covid thread.

I was actually thinking about what may change.

I'll start

Kids, good luck getting another singer or band member not named Ozzy to smack that hand you stick out in hopes of it.

I went to the Raptors parade last summer and the thought of going to a big crowd like that packed in like sardines again seems repulsive to me now. Maybe that'll change eventually but it's hard not to think of that stuff now.

Yeah, shaking hands and cruises are done. Large crowds are going to be weird, but I hope we can at least return to not worrying about it too much.

Working from home is going to be huge. Lot more openness to studying the pros and cons of universal basic income. More stuff made in home countries, and much stronger reserves of medical equipment and essential supplies. Massive ongoing virus & pandemic research teams.

I was thinking earlier today, some people are going to probably discover they enjoy being at home and pursuing hobbies, just slowing down the pace a bit. I wonder if bars & restaurants take a bit of a hit, even after we figure out the virus part.

Once a vaccine is out in full, crowds, shaking hands, orgies, etc.. are all back to normal.

The true lasting changes will be increased working from home/teleconference, for sure. I also think it's a given that in 5-10 years we'll have a UBI in place, since really, we're almost to the point of having that right now with this and it really is the "safest" way to protect the people if this happens again.

Only thing that changes is that everyone realizes how easy it is to teleconference, which hopefully has impact on decisions on living locations.

Hopefully , employers encourage more working from home

It would help with traffic congestion , better air quality , and less stress

Many jobs cant be done fully from home due to multi level group decision making or your job is hands on at work such manufacturing or service

Even a 10% increase makes a big difference

Once a vaccine is out in full, crowds, shaking hands, orgies, etc.. are all back to normal.

The true lasting changes will be increased working from home/teleconference, for sure. I also think it's a given that in 5-10 years we'll have a UBI in place, since really, we're almost to the point of having that right now with this and it really is the "safest" way to protect the people if this happens again.

Exactly , we are creatures of habit

It will take years to normalcy after the carnage

The travel industry will change as will airport screening

I can also see self home testing kits come into play at some point

Exactly , we are creatures of habit

It will take years to normalcy after the carnage

The travel industry will change as will airport screening

I can also see self home testing kits come into play at some point
Agreed. I think we'll see pop-up testing stations, all around.

People will actually stay the **** home when they are sick. Remote working will increase,
Only if employers will pay for it...I feel that mostly people go to work when they’re sick out of necessity.

Overall pretty sure that only a couple things may change. 1. Some businesses realizing they don’t need much if any office space. 2. There will be a universal flu shot in the near future because nobody wants economic productivity to go down like this again.

Last edited:
Deliveries, self-serve and on-line will be transformed.

Might be tough for some people who work retail and in restaurants. Better learn how to drive a UPS truck.

Last edited:
Sick day policy should improve. Perhaps something similar to what Wynne did that Dougy Ford immediately removed.

And the US has a long way to go with that but nothing will change there.

Back